Creating a Signature with your AquaController

Boret

(edited)

I have been asked several times. So here it goes, at least how I do it.

To get this:

rc_boret_sig.png

You must do this:

First you must register @ www.reefchat.org

They have the signature generator and all the instructions in the "Extras" section.

So far fairly straight forward. You can use your own image as background. I used an image of my 55. Remember to pick an image that is fairly dark so the font will be readable. In the instructions on the website you will find all the help needed, as far as dimensions of the images, etc.

The trick is our forum won't allow scrips or code snippets to be included in the signature section. So you actually need to get an image!

Once you have created the signature, if you click on its properties it will give you this http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/sig.php?n=boret (*where instead of boret you will have your user name).

The generator of the code creates a png image every time the scrip is called, the image that it generates is: http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/rc_boret_sig.png. Replace the Usename (boret in my case) with your user name, the one you created at www.reefchat.org and Voila!!!

All you need to do then is to place this in your signature in WAMAS: [ img ]http://www.rowelab.com/AquaController/rc_YOURUSERNAME_sig.png[ /img ] (** Remove the spaces before and after img and /img)

B.

Edited by Boret

I was told you could not have naked ladies in the background so I passed.

that would be awesome. but no....

• 9 months later...

Thanks Boret - I finally got around to doing this. I also can check it on my phone now which is nice too :) - even without an iPhone or a widget you can use the dns page to show the status.

How do you move some stuff to the right - like how you guys have your names on the right?

LOL!!!

That's a bright signature! :)

I'm a bright guy ;)

lol

Yeah it is pretty bright. I like it for now though. I'm sure I'll get sick of it and change it out later.

I'm just happy it is done. Its been on my mind since we talked about it. I just didn't want to have to reset my router and all that jazz.

It took a couple hours. Not too much work though.

I'm stoked now that I'll be able to check my tank status while I'm gone. I just use the dns URL on my phone to see what the xml says. Its pretty nice. No reason to buy an iPhone now :)

Well... the iPhone allows you to turn things on and off. I find myself using the iPhone over the ACIII because its faster than going through the menus with the bottons. I always end up starting the feeding cycle LOL.

Don't change it... I was messing with ya! I actually like it. Very original.

Mine is getting crowded. I will change it soon, make it wider. Plus now with the new fonts you can get creative.

Well... the iPhone allows you to turn things on and off. I find myself using the iPhone over the ACIII because its faster than going through the menus with the bottons. I always end up starting the feeding cycle LOL.

I use my laptop for that stuff - on/off, ect. That would be nice if I had an iphone though.

Don't change it... I was messing with ya! I actually like it. Very original.

Mine is getting crowded. I will change it soon, make it wider. Plus now with the new fonts you can get creative.

I have been messing around if you happened to see it in between refreshes :) - I was changing the fonts and color.

Boret, I also want to thank you for starting this thread. I doubt I would have been able to figure it out on my own.

Sikryd, Nice signature, definately psychedelic.

Now I get to stare at my favorite coral all the time :)

Yeah its a bit of work and nice to have a little "walk through" to help me along. They have one in the help section of reefchat, but it doesn't help with everthing like Boret's did.

No problem guys. The other thing that we should probably have in the forum is how to setup the Router and ACIII to be able to access it from outside your home network. If you have the signature you already figured it out :) but I get asked quite often to help with the networking part.

Maybe, what we could do is to post how each one of us have done it for each router. For example, I have FIOS and I use a Linksys WRT54G router. I can post the specific instructions of my router.

Maybe, what we could do is to post how each one of us have done it for each router.

I'll leave the explaining to someone else. I coundn't even begin to tell you how I did it. It took several days and several phone calls to my tech support staff of DaveS, Ctenophore and Overklok. :wacko:

There is usually a gaming or something section, you just have to have it point to the Apex's addy or the dns site url. I forget already - lol

Yeah, what ^^^^ said.

It was easy for me, but I'm a techy dude. I'm not good at explaining it, more at just doing it. If someone needs help they can just pm me for my # then call.

Edited by Sikryd