How long does memebership take? Introduction

FishyTim

Hello everyone..

My name is Tim and I am the newest member of WAMAS. I am 27 and live in South Riding. I have been in the hobby for 2-3 years, but I am still learning something new every day. I have lurked on this board quite a bit and have learned a ton of stuff from reading the threads. Today I decided to go ahead and register and become a memeber. How long does it take for my to get access to the member forum?

Now to the important stuff. I started the hobby with a 36 gallon bow. I bought the tank off craigslist and basically relocated the whole setup to my house, fish included. The tank was a FOWLR. It was a good learning experience keeping an established tank. That being said the tank had some issues (the guy before me used tap water). I ended up moving to my current house and when I did I picked up my current tank which is a 90 gallon AGA with a built in overflow.

The move didnt go all that well and I really lacked the equipment needed to make the tank sucessful. Anyway, to make a long story short... I bought a fish from a lesser LFS (to be kind) and had a huge ick outbreak (I know, my fault for not using QT -- I told you I have learned from my mistakes) and everyone died. I became so frustrated that I decided to give the hobby up for a little bit.

This Christmas I decided to let my family know that I wanted all gifts for the tank. So with all the right equipment and knowledge I started my tank the day after Christmas. The tank has cycled and I have added a CUC and a fish. My goal is to have some real nice mushrooms and some soft corals along with my fish.... (maybe even tank of the month eventually?)

So thats it. I look foward to posting with everyone, this seems like a great community!

Tim

post-2631857-1232669961_thumb.jpg

Edited by FishyTim

Membership processing is a manual process on our end and I try to do it every night or at least every other night. I will process your membership as soon as I get access to my other laptop, currently being used for homework.

awesome. I appreciate your help!

Membership processing is a manual process on our end and I try to do it every night or at least every other night. I will process your membership as soon as I get access to my other laptop, currently being used for homework.

i was wondering about this too. i signed up the day after christmas for my full membership but i dont know what happened. i want to see the stuff you guys hide from the free people haha.

i was wondering about this too. i signed up the day after christmas for my full membership but i dont know what happened. i want to see the stuff you guys hide from the free people haha.

Did you fill out a WAMAS application (separate action from signng up for a forum account) and submit your membership payment? If yes, please PM your full name to me so I can research this. If not, what are you waiting on? ;)

Welcome aboard!

Now that you are a full member, you have access to start a dedicated tank thread. It not only gives us the change to tag along, but it gives you the chance to document everything and have some storage space as well.

Welcome aboard!

The aquascaping looks good - lots of potential. I have free frags available of a nice sarcophyton. Also a Kenya tree or two, and some bits of Green Star Polyps. Bit of a hike - but on some nice spring day, you might want to drop by.

bob

Thanks! I would love to pick up that sarcophyton and Green Star Polyps! Maybe I can swing by this coming weekend or something. I wait to hear back. Thanks again!

Welcome aboard!

The aquascaping looks good - lots of potential. I have free frags available of a nice sarcophyton. Also a Kenya tree or two, and some bits of Green Star Polyps. Bit of a hike - but on some nice spring day, you might want to drop by.

bob