New Clowns

Sea Monkey

NICE!

Very cool! I bet those cost a pretty penny.

I got them for $100 a piece. They were from a guy who breeds them in Hampton, Va. He posted some clowns for sale on reefcentral without giving his location and I responded. Turned out he was in Va, and was going to be in Charlottesville this past weekend. I live in Purcellville, but my parents live in Charlottesville and I was visiting them in Charlottesville this past weekend. The stars aligned right for me. He said he was going to use them as a breeding pair, but decided to sell them.

Very nice clowns....looks like they're grade B picassos IMO...

$100 IMO is cheap for what you got

If you grade them by ORA standards, which is just that two bars have to connect in two places on the body, they would be considered grade B. But, you would be hard pressed to find Grade B's this nice as far as patterns go. They're still juveniles too, so the black still needs to fill in and the white can spread a little more. Actually, I've seen some pretty mediocre grade A's being sold too. I think they're priced just about right. If they produce offsrping, I got a good deal.

By ORA standards (the way that I understand them) the one clown is a Grade A, if you notice the middle bar and front bar connect. The standard is that they only have to connect on one side and from what I understand on one bar has to connect (going to research this right now).

I have a pair of Grade A's. I paid 100 each for them from a breeder in NC. Those are very nice fish you got. I love their markings. If I could ever get a picture of them (I stink at taking pictures) I would post them.

Sandy

P.S. I just called ORA because I couldn't find the information on the internet. According to their sales department it doesn't have anything to do with how many bars connect but with how much actual white is on the body. So the fish with the most white on their bodies become the A's and so forth.

Edited by smarsh97

Wow, thanks for the information. The whole bars connecting standards are something I picked up in reading through different forums. What I kept hearing was that two bars have to come together in 2 different places on the body. Thanks for calling ORA and letting me know.

NICE!!

I'll give u $1000 dollars worth of corals for them. ANYTHING u want. I have sps, chalices, Rainbow Aussie lords.

I'm serious. You can pick up this weekend.

Cool? PM if your interested.

NICE!!

I'll give u $1000 dollars worth of corals for them. ANYTHING u want. I have sps, chalices, Rainbow Aussie lords.

I'm serious. You can pick up this weekend.

Cool? PM if your interested.

Wow, you will have to let me think about this. I love your tank and have been following your reefcentral thread since I started the hobby a 2 years ago. I'm collecting sps of the ORA (have most of them) and the Atlantis varieties. Also have a few from Upscales on my list. Do you recognize the frag in my avatar?

Wow, thanks for the information. The whole bars connecting standards are something I picked up in reading through different forums. What I kept hearing was that two bars have to come together in 2 different places on the body. Thanks for calling ORA and letting me know.

I always thought the same thing about the bar connection...

(edited)
Looks like some type of nasuta. Pink lemonade?

It's a frag from Exotic Aquatics. I had to hunt the thing down after seeing it in your tank. I believe you called it Rasberry Limeade.

I'll let you know about the clowns via pm later today. Do you have an sps list I could take a look at? I know what you have for the most part from following your reefcentral thread, but a list would help.

Edited by Sea Monkey

HA!!! I should of known. ;)

I don't have a list, but I have pics of everything in the thread.

Edited by 143gadgets