Earth Shattering News about AGA!!!

johnnybv

Just found out that all AGA aquariums < 90 gal are tempered on all panes now! So if you are planning on drilling them, they will shatter. Be sure to inquire about tank brands when you buy if you plan to drill them.

John

IS THIS ON ALL NEW MODELS FOR 2009?

this is as of about 2 weeks ago as far as I heard from my rep.

How do they drill them, then?

if they are drilling them, they will be custom made tanks, they will not use tempered glass on the pane that is being drilled.

On another note just found out the 2006-2008 models of perfecto tanks 29-75 gal aren't tempered I don't know about 09

As of right now Perfecto is not tempered, most on all paynes, but some have tempered bottoms, like the 40 breeders.

On still another note I recently found out that on some tanks (brand unknown, got it used), the front and back panes may be tempered even though the left and right panes on the end are not. So even if you have already drilled a couple of holes in the end panes and confidently try to add a hole to the front pane, . . . the results can be quite spectacular. :eek: And on a final note, a 55 gallon rubbermaid container seems to work quite well as a sump and will not shatter no matter how many holes you drill in it. :biggrin: