Where do buy mini carpets

I'd really really really like to get a hold of some of these beautiful creatures but i can't find a vendor. Where does one acquire mini carpets?

Theres a guy on RC and Nano Reefs that used to sell them pretty cheap, I picked some up back in college for my nano.

After work I'll see if I can find the posts but you may be able to search and find them sooner.

I did a quick search on Nano Reef and I didn't see anything for sale. If you glance over the posts you'll see that most people got their minis either from another reefer or http://www.fragglereef.com/

May be worth a shot, I paid $10 for mine looked like this:

Mini_Carpet1.JPG

Atlantis had a red mini :

"ON SALE" Mini Red Carpet Anemone ($120) OUT OF STOCK

http://store.atlantisaquarium.net/inv004.html

Edited by SeanCallan

I'll have some after the new year - my dedicated prop tank is almost up and running.

Fraggle Reef puts up the green/pink ones (which he calls rainbow) quite often, although the price is higher than most hobbyists sell them for.

The Atlantis red won't be up for sale on Atlantis for another couple of months - I bought that one a couple weeks ago. They'll probably up the price back to $200 on it too.

Besides that, it's mostly just luck. I know several people with them, but they mostly get traded for other mini carpet morphs. Hard to find some for sale right now.

I wouldn't expect to find the green/pink variety for $10 anymore. $20 each is about the going rate right now. The other varieties (maxi mini carpets) go for anywhere between $50 for ugly ones and $200 for nice ones like the Atlantis red.

Edited by dshnarw

:cry: What I was afraid of. dshnarw YGPM

Find someone who has one and ask them to split it. The mini carpets are really good at being split and propagated. Just feeding them daily can usually be enough to split them, if not a razor blade works.

Edited by SeanCallan

I gave away a bunch of the mini-tapetums recently when I was breaking down my fuge. I started with 2 a few years ago. Last time I counted (well over 1 year ago) I had 45 or so. No forced division at all on my part. These things are prolific splitters. When I went back to my old place to grab my frag tank (all frags, circulation and lights had been removed a week earlier), I found 2 tapetums still alive. The tank water couldn't have been higher than 60F.

Garrett.

When george and I moved we still had some alive. Those things are terrible once they reach plague proportions. We had some in a 150gal rubbermaid sump for 2 years with nothing but very slight amounts of ambient lights and they lived until we dried the rocks out. We sold the majority of our mini tapetums a few years ago between cmas & wamas. When we moved, we dried our rock out.

-Jess

My mini is so big it's hard to call it a mini... and after over a year - it still hasn't split. I'd have to divide it.

Inna - are you still doing Tapetums???

bob

Indeed...same with GSP, Kenya Tree, Xenia, Aiptasia, Majanos...all beautiful corals...some with a pretty bad rap in my opinion

I'll be glad to sell you my aiptasia collection!! Cheap!!!!!

glassanem.jpg

bob

Indeed...same with GSP, Kenya Tree, Xenia, Aiptasia, Majanos...all beautiful corals...some with a pretty bad rap in my opinion

I'm partial to Eunice worms as well :biggrin: Got a 16 incher in his own tank in my basement.