Auto Feeders

Lunker

Can't go wrong with the Eheim. It is expensive, but well worth it in my mind. If you've got a busy schedule, then its definitely worth the investment.

the eheim auto feeder for sure. I'm about to have another group buy in the next month or so if you want to wait. I also may have one lying about.

Thanks guys, I'm not in a hurry, but could easily see this in my future. As an example I'm spending the week up here in Aberdeen and my wife is doing the feedings. She really doesn't mind but I'm sure that a good feeder will come in handy on some weekends.

Is this the feeder that you where refering too?

Dual Digital Feeder by Eheim

FO-FF200-D

Thanks

no just the single digital one was the one I was talking about and I'm pretty sure thats the one james is talking about as well.

EheimAutoFishFeeder.jpg

Not to say the dual one isn't cool and all but it's really expensive and if you need to feed two dry foods (not too many people do) you can just mix them and add it in this single drum

Edited by jason the filter freak

I have the Eheim one which is great if you arent always around to feed the fish. The only problem I have with it is that the batteries have been dying out very quickly, and the feeder has to be re-programmed every time. I would not depend on an autofeeder for regular feeding = I did that with the tank I had at work, and it turned out that my fish starved a few days before I realized that the feeder wasn't working properly.

The Eheim feeder works great. I modded mine to work off my Aquacontroller and I programmed the AQ to turn off the return pump a couple of minutes before the AQ triggered the Eheim to dispense food. This helps keep the food from going down the overflow before the fish can eat it.

Jon

How/where do you place these on the tank? Any pics for the generally clueless? You can send directly to fgregory2@cox.net

thanks in advance!

My battery's never died, though I've only used it on and off for the past year. While the clock's been running continuously since Johnny over at BRK helped me set it up, it's actually only dropped food in the tank for about 40 days in the past year. That gives you some idea of the battery life. Unlike Forrest, I've never had to reprogram mine completely - only the parameter that determines if you feed none, once or twice at a particular time gets set. Of course, I turn it off when I'm home.

As for setting it up over the tank, I have mine on a piece of egg crate (reinforced with a rib that runs the length, too) that run's across one of the opening's on top. It drops the food into a floating feeding ring, so the flake sinks into the water column and doesn't all head directly for the overflow.