Our 1 month old 65g baby!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

OK so now that we have reached the 3rd month and have lost all of our inverts, almost. We have all 3 emeralds still living and a pom-pom crab, but have lost 3 peppermint, 2 skunk, a CBS, a sally lightfoot and a handful of hermits and snails. We could not figure it out. water parameters? I have done frequent testing and other than a 5ppm nitrate nothing wrong there! We thought (if you look back in the thread) inverts were fighting! Just really also thought well you have to buy 30 to get 5 that will live! :why:

We think we may have found another reason! I have not been able to get any pics of it yet, it's like a phantom in the shadows of the LR! Well after a good feeding of the tank with cyclopeez there they were two huge bulbous eyes! :eek:

MANTIS SHRIMP

Black like the 2nd one from the left! Kinda small also, but could this really be taking down all of those inverts?

g_viridis2.jpg

Edited by Smoothtriqueter

OK, first question. If anyone who can do something about it looks, or someone can point me in the direction of who to ask, I would like to change the name of the thread to better meet the Forum guidelines. If I could change it to just "Smoothtriqueter's 65g Baby". Sorry was new to WAMAS and was eager to share!

NOW ON TO THE SHARING!!!

FTS

P1010761.jpg

P1010765.jpg

P1010760.jpg

P1010763.jpg

P1010775.jpg

P1010779.jpg

P1010778.jpg

P1010776.jpg

P1010781.jpg

P1010768.jpg

P1010788.jpg

Chalice frag

P1010783.jpg

Chalice frag top down

P1010789.jpg

P1010785.jpg

P1010786.jpg

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED!!!!

Made it out to Mr. Coral today for the birthday bash and you know what that means...........yep lots more bags!

Updates and pics tomorrow as I am at work until 3am!

It was nice to get to meet a few more members today! Had a blast.

The new light set up really made a differance, can't wait to see what you will be adding.

BAGS!!

P1010792.jpg

Inverts (bogo)

P1010795.jpg

Frags (bogo)

P1010796.jpg

So with that said.....frag rack!

P1010793.jpg

Sorry I didn't paint it Jason! :drink:

Full (Mr. Coral 1 year bash)

We call this the clown garden. It is on the side they chose and now they think that we decorated for them. they hang out just over top of the frags like its a front yard garden!

P1010822.jpg

P1010811.jpg

Left (acclimating)

P1010806.jpg

Right (acclimating)

P1010808.jpg

Frag Rack Tour!

th_P1010830.jpg

peekaboo! a few before after.

P1010807.jpg

P1010814.jpg

P1010825.jpg

P1010829.jpg

P1010816.jpg

P1010815.jpg

P1010802.jpg

Shroom

P1010798.jpg

P1010800.jpg

A few other pics

P1010804.jpg

P1010809.jpg

RIP elegance :cry:

P1010794.jpg

Dude what happened to the ellegance.... and painting your frag rack. Just wondering why you have the new corals you bought on the frag rack? things are looking good

Dude what happened to the ellegance.... and painting your frag rack. Just wondering why you have the new corals you bought on the frag rack? things are looking good

Elegance just stopped being happy..... Started spitting back out food and slowly has been falling apart to what you see above. Leishman had gotten one the same day as we did and his is gone already.

Frags are on the rack because they were under MH at the store and we have PC's trying to keep them as close to the light for a bit than we will place them.

I'll paint it eventually ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So few updates.

Have been able to catch the 4 stripe and banish him to the fuge, which gave the O. clowns some extra space and made room for the new fish additions from Mr. coral! We got a Juvie sailfin and hippo tang and a six line wrasse. We were also able to catch our emaciated lawnmower blenny and get him down in the fuge to see if he can get his grub on down there!

I will post some pics and other stuff up when I get a few better shots and everything is settled!

The lawnmower didn't make it! :cry: all the other fish are now getting along. really all of them. the two clowns are venturing out more the six line is swimming ing in and out. the hippo is allowed to meander and the sail-fin get to move about as he would like. It is really nice to be able to si back and watch the fish just be fish. It was just a matter of getting rid of the 4 stripe. the yellow tail isn't that bad. still working on getting some great picks up and running.

The lawnmower didn't make it! :cry: all the other fish are now getting along. really all of them. the two clowns are venturing out more the six line is swimming ing in and out. the hippo is allowed to meander and the sail-fin get to move about as he would like. It is really nice to be able to si back and watch the fish just be fish. It was just a matter of getting rid of the 4 stripe. the yellow tail isn't that bad. still working on getting some great picks up and running.

:cry: I think it's all in the name. Mine's name was Lennie too. I had him for months until late last month he dies unexpectantly!?! I'm like, what the heck did I do wrong! It wasn't like he didn't have enough lawn to mow.

Looking good, you should ask a mod to change the title of your thread.... lol. Are you working towards getting your clowns to host?

yeah the name was a new-bee mistake. And as you can see in the FTS they are at-least hanging out in front of it but not hosting yet.

Like I said many new pics to update on. Here are just a few of them for now.

Mr. Coral for their Black Friday sale

P1010832.jpg

P1010833.jpg

P1010836.jpg

P1010838.jpg

this is the only picture i have of the fire shrimp, he never comes out :sad:

P1010837.jpg

few new shrooms!

P1010853.jpg

Okay all for now but I will post some pics after I get the tank cleaned up, dam cyano! I have put a bag of phosban in my sump to try and help absorb some of the nutrients, and I have been stepping up my H2O changes. So I hope I can get it under control, although for only 4 months I kinda expect to still be going through some problems.

I'd like to get a hold of one of those shrooms

There are some Zoas underneat the big one that my GF would like to expose. Maybe I can convince her we should slice and dice!

My RBTA split!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: It was about 8'' accross and is now 2 nice little 4'', I like them much better than the one.

Now I must say goodbye to WAMAS for the week... :cry: ...finals!

• 4 weeks later...

Did your fire shrimp ever come out and play??

I had one - he had lived in a tank previously. He loved to come out and nibble on my fingers; and so I fed him that way - and he liked it even more!

bob

What happened to the mantis shrimp?

After rescaping the right side we never saw him again. And all the inverts we have added have survived....except a small peppermint but that was eaten by the arrow crab.....so I think he is gone! :why:

Did your fire shrimp ever come out and play??

I had one - he had lived in a tank previously. He loved to come out and nibble on my fingers; and so I fed him that way - and he liked it even more!

He only sneeeeeeks up out of the back after I drop pellets in, he wont come out if I do a cyclopeez feeding though. I have tried hand feeding but he is afraid, but I think some of it is the fact that I have a skunk cleaner, fire, arrow crab, and sally lightfoot all in the tank. The fire shrimp has just chosen the back cavern area that is hidden by the few rocks in the the front. still alive though.

Thanks for looking! :biggrin: