Our 1 month old 65g baby!!

Been a bit.

I got a few SPS set up on ym frag rack and they were doing well for about a month when one of my roommates (college house) had a party and someone knocked the frag rack of and GOD only know what they did after that. I came down in the morning to the lights off (on a time should have been on) 2 frags out of the tank and my ORA birdsnest shattered on the bottom of the tank. I also have an aussie pink eye chalice and some acro and monti caps on it. The 2 Acros have RTNd and gone. the birdsnest looks like it might be able to recover from almost loosing all brances and just left with a trunk. Just not a good morning!

Also since my last post I have had my first carpet surfing experience with my sixline, really sad she was awesome.

But on good notes I have a small anem shrimp that is really cool looking, I just today got my pre wired retrokit from Icecap!!!!!!!! :clap: LIGHTS

All I need to do now is get the bulbs, I have another ballast coming from Yauger, sorry to see him go, to run the T12 actinics.

Soon the SPS and Clams will start rolling in.

Oh and I have breached the point of no return

6 Whole Months!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was going to say something again but I think when we move out of the place we are in (just a few months away) we will be starting up another reef tank and turning this into a FOWLR so it will be time to start all new threads.

So my 36'' retro came (waiting on bulbs :cry: ) I also got my ballast from yaguer and made it out to BRKs new spot. Must say if you have not been make it out there. Johnny was great, actually most of the frags I ended up getting (to replace the party fowl) were from his tank. I got some green slimer, steel blue milli, a tan with green milli, and a green with red milli, a few shrimp, snails, and a shroom. I also grabbed my 2 T12 VHO sctinics.

Made it out to Lowes/HD and started sticking wires in holes and screwing peices of wood together and a I had my T12s up in no time with room between them to screw up my T5s when the bulbs come. WOW is it BLUE!

Accidental frags of my ORA birdsnest and the Steele Blue Milli were made also....ooops :eek: :blush:

Pics when I can!

• 6 months later...

OK it has been way too long. How is everyone. I Moved in April (right at the 8 month mark for the tank). Boy was that fun.....did not loose any fish. Did however loose a few of my corals, mainly the sps which were tests to begin with. I still have my tyree-tri-color doing well from reefhunter and a peice of green slimmer. Most everything else survived the new scaping and everything. The clowns have moved into the anems and have actually laid eggs over the past week!!! Battling cyano still, fuge got destroyed and has been rebuilding for the last few months. When I get a chance I will start up a new thread and include pics and more updates there.