Two nanos up and running!

FishWife

So, I have been having FUN with my new nano tanks!

I have a Red Seas Max (RSM) 34g and an AP (aquapod) 12g. SO cute!

I've been keeping threads on nano-reef.com, and here are some highlights!

The RSM, first. It's been up a month today! Initially, I just threw all the live rock I could fit from the 175 in there, along with Honey, my beloved blenny. All was well, but the stock skimmer is awful. Here are early shots of cycling and stocking:

cyclingrubble.jpg

honeyinseascape.jpg

th_threesidedviewing.jpg

After re-aquascaping and replacing (today) the stock skimmer with a Tunze, here's the look:

th_Tanktour.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've started an AquaPod 12g as a QT tank. Here are the stages:

2008_080224gtwoweeks0001.jpg

waterclear.jpg

Last night during a power outage, I went to Congressional and got "Sparky" my Carpenter flasher wrasse. He is GREAT. Eating like a pig, out and about, flashing at himself in the glass. He's on my work desk and I have a REALLY hard time concentrating! See what you think:

th_SparkeyDayOne.jpg

In four weeks, Sparky will join Honey in the RSM. I am now pondering my next fish... Hmmm!

You Red Sea looks spectacular I'm so glad you guys decided to say in. The videos are a neat but from some reason not playing on my computer. Any plans to add any other fish to the RSM

These are great! I'm watching yours for ideas. Just be sure you have a cover on the wrasse's tank - I haven't been able to keep a single flasher from jumping..... :cry:

In the last week, I've been to a club member's house and to Marine Scene. After fiddling with new corals, here are some shots I'm enjoying:

Full tank views:

FTS8-16-08.jpg

th_TankTourVid.jpg

Close ups:

New open brain

openbrain.jpg

Beautiful blastomussa

redblastomussa.jpg

Honey in the rock with new zoas nearby

Honeyandzoas.jpg

Neon green birdsnest

greenbirdsnest.jpg

Old friend acro doing far better in this tank than under halides (go figure)

greenacro.jpg

New acro frag (left of center of pic; blue and green--parent colony is great; from a club member)

newacrobirdsnest.jpg

New ricordias from Marine Scene

RicordiaRock.jpg

Enjoy!

PS So far, Sparky hasn't gone carpet surfing yet, and I'll get some pics of my new sun coral in the AP12 up asap. :clap:

Very nice.

Have you sold your house and moved already?

No; thanks for asking. I'm arranging corals carefully; mostly buying ones that don't need to be fixed, hence the colonies of zoas still on the sand, blasto on small rock, same with birdsnest. Most glued frags are on the big rock in which Honey lives, so it will go where she goes. It's a down selling market for sure. We've been talking about how to move this tank and think we have it figured. It will be a disruption, but I'm hoping not much of one. 'Course, this is why we went to nano: more portable.

what are u posting under on NR im a member there. under the same name. Tanks look good.

NanoNana (since I'm a new grandma, and FishWife was taken). Thanks for the compliment. C ya over there!

tank look beautiful keep up the good work. Your tank looks familiar to me, by any chance have you used Nicholson Plumbing if so i have been to your house.

Not that I'm aware of.

We've got our house under contract now, so we'll need to be moving soon if we pass the home inspection hurtle this coming weekend. Fingers crossed... and lots to do. Sorry to not be around more!

The AP 12 is still maturing. Sparkey's doing fine, as are my new sun corals. Here are some shots of them:

Full tank shot

FTS_8_18_08.jpg

Sparky and sun corals:

sun_n_sparky.jpg

Beautiful ricordia and striped green 'shrooms:

shrooms_n_rics.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It must be hard being the virtually the only person in the nano section of WAMAS.

I might be joining you soon with a 5.5 AIO reef. Have fun moving the tanks. I know

its a pain. :)

Come on in, the water's fine!

We *think* our house is sold (know how that is?) and are making moving plans. (yuck)

In the busyness of work deadlines and real estate, I've neglected my sun corals; they practically lost the ability to extend for feeding due to underfeeding. :blush: But, with TLC, they are coming back again. :)

We think we'll move the tanks around the weekend of the 3-4th of Oct. So, will be more active after that. Since my 175 hasn't sold, we're putting it into storage. Who knows? We have a 1.6 year gauntlet to cross with our biz, but after that, this beauty may be revived. Crossing fingers that it's so!