Pristine aquariums

martin

I stopped by today and looked around (and got a mated clown pair and blenny by daughter had to have) Its a nice clean store with friendly staff, they have put alot of work into making a LFS you'll want to visit.

How were their prices?

Fair market prices, but when I look at a LFS I am looking for the quality of care given to animals, if the tanks and store are clean and how the staff interact with customers. Also honesty of the person I am dealing with. Prices are low at PetsMart, but the standards are even lower.

A heathy fish/coral is worth twice one that is soon to die, or carry disease into my tank.

I stopped in on Saturday and the staff was extremely friendly. There was not much as far as SW livestock/corals go. I did see the two pair of mated clowns and they looked really healthy. I am sure they are still waiting on shipments. I only bought a few packs of frozen food which were priced about the same as other LFS and I got 10% off of them for my WAMAS card. I think once they get fully stocked up and running it is going to be a nice store.

Went by on Saturday as well. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you ever need RO water they are only .50 per gallon can't beat that price anywhere!

I stopped in on Saturday and the staff was extremely friendly. There was not much as far as SW livestock/corals go. I did see the two pair of mated clowns and they looked really healthy. I am sure they are still waiting on shipments. I only bought a few packs of frozen food which were priced about the same as other LFS and I got 10% off of them for my WAMAS card. I think once they get fully stocked up and running it is going to be a nice store.

Yup, there are alive and well in my fish tank. The co-owner of the store said there were getting saltwater shipments in today and will expand the coral selection. He also said they are going after the whole spectrum of salt water, beginner and reentery markets. So, they won't have the super duper corals of other places but have nice healthy fish.

I also was tempted by their freshwater selection. I still like the dwarf cichlids and other fresh water fish.

Guest Zimzdoodle

Went by on Saturday as well. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. If you ever need RO water they are only .50 per gallon can't beat that price anywhere!

The only other place for .50 per gallon RO water would be Centerville Aquarium. I really like the staff there and now I cannot wait to check out Pristine Aquariums.

(edited)

Sweet, now we have a great store closer to Springfield, Burke area. Driving to BRK is too far for me. Thanks for opening this thread Mr. Martin.

Tee

Edited by Tee

I stopped by today, and let me tell you that place is beautiful. The service is also top notch, help was readily available, but they did not pressure us to make a purchase but as soon as I saw something I liked there was someone right there to give me a hand. They also gave me a box for my fish that I just picked up from Coral Hind, something I forgot and they did not have to give me. All around awesome place, I can't wait to see that frag tank full, they will definitely get my business again.

• 4 weeks later...

I went there today and was pleasantly surprised.

Nice, clean store. Good selection of SW fish, decent prices, friendly staff, WAMAS discount, great location. They also look like they are going to be competing with SuperPets for live brine. They had a nice looking setup for that.

Not too much in the way of corals, but they said they were getting more soon.

Nice job. I will be back

(Also some great FW fish)

tim

I stopped by yesterday. I was also impressed with their setup. The construction of their systems is one of the nicest I've seen. Got the full tour and everything. This is now my closest LFS, other than Roozens, so they will be seeing alot more of me.

If anybody's looking for a fat, healthy copperband they have one that's been eating since the second day he was in the store......

Phillip has some really nice stuff in stock and told me he's expecting a big coral shipment end of this week to include some SPS

I have to agree, in addition to tons of nice corals his SPS new arrivals are all dipped before going into his systems... nice bonus if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a really nice XL Red Lobophyllia today. The large shipment they got in, mostly LPS, looked very healthy. Every time I stop in the store it looks better and better with more and more inventory. If I ask for something and they don't have it, when I walk in the next week, it is there. Great response, really pays attention to the customers needs.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a really nice XL Red Lobophyllia today. The large shipment they got in, mostly LPS, looked very healthy. Every time I stop in the store it looks better and better with more and more inventory. If I ask for something and they don't have it, when I walk in the next week, it is there. Great response, really pays attention to the customers needs.

I swung in this weekend and as said before the staff were extremely friendly. They offered to feed any of the fish I was interested in to see them eating frozen.

Cleanest store I've ever been in, it was a refreshing experience after visiting the algae farm that is Roozen's.

Their selection is growing as time goes on, right now they only have 1 small monti colony but the girl said they were planning on keeping more SPS once they moved some of the LPS to make room. They've also got a number of SW fish in now, about 1/4-1/2 of the store's selection is SW.

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped in to Pristine today because I heard they had some really nice SPS that came in Monday. They got in some nice millepora and acropora colonies of various colors of blues, purples and greens. Don't worry, I saved you all some.

As far as fish livestock goes, I was impressed by the Variola Louti and the extremely active Golden Pilotfish they have. If I only had a bigger tank. They are definitely improving their livestock.