Do you have hungry tangs

Leishman

You feed your fish grade D ("but edible") nori?

Its only $3 more for 1000 sheets of grade C if you want to upgrade. Are know your fish are spoiled with all that room, but are they nutrition snobs as well??

I'm a snob then cause I got grade B 1000 pack FULL sheet for $78 shipped = 7.80 / 100 sheets and I feed 2 full sheets a day.

Rik, I owe you cold one with extra loot I just saved on nori costs. Was paying like $12+ tax at local asian market.

makes me laugh thinking about shipping guy who will be packing stuff looking at all the addresses in DC metro area saying what the heck is going on in DC with new nori demand. :lol:

when we're feeding our fish can some one explain to me one... what are teh diffrent grades, two why does it matter to the fish?

Nori grading has to do with flavor and texture. The higher the grade the more delicate it is in texture and flavor, meaning grades A and B are going to be floating in itty bitty pieces all over the tank within seconds of hitting the water. Rik was trying to be a cheapskate but actually chose the most appropriate grade for tang munchies :biggrin:

Nori grading has to do with flavor and texture. The higher the grade the more delicate it is in texture and flavor, meaning grades A and B are going to be floating in itty bitty pieces all over the tank within seconds of hitting the water. Rik was trying to be a cheapskate but actually chose the most appropriate grade for tang munchies :biggrin:

Thanks for your comments Dan - takes a good cook to know his way around kitchen and can explain the grade variations to us lay people.

I'll just add that I was a bit concerned today at work after reading your comments. However, when I got home I grabbed the 100 pack I have (got from guy at NCPARS meeting) and turns out that it is the same Izumi "Silver" that I just ordered. So the 1000 full sheet grade B = Izumi Silver - which works awesome and does not turn to itty bitty pieces. My 7 tangs, 4 angels, and idol love it.

Thanks for your comments Dan - takes a good cook to know his way around kitchen and can explain the grade variations to us lay people.

I'll just add that I was a bit concerned today at work after reading your comments. However, when I got home I grabbed the 100 pack I have (got from guy at NCPARS meeting) and turns out that it is the same Izumi "Silver" that I just ordered. So the 1000 full sheet grade B = Izumi Silver - which works awesome and does not turn to itty bitty pieces. My 7 tangs, 4 angels, and idol love it.

Yeah gee thanks Dan, way to give Rik the last laugh.

not to split hairs - but the 1000 full-sheet grade B is $4 cheaper than two of the 1000 half-sheet grade D.

:cheers: = me toasting Rik for saving me money and keeping my tangs happy.

Rik, I owe you cold one with extra loot I just saved on nori costs.

Post a new full tank shot of your display and we'll call it even. :cheers:

My "sheets" bought at LFS measure 3" X 8". I feed one half sheet a day for two tangs (purple and Kohl). They look fine... I hope I'm not starving them... :(

So this stuff is the real deal, Rik, how does your stuff compare to the smaller grade stuff? Are all of your fish able to eat it? I'm thinking of ordering when I run out of my current stuff. I wonder if they do a larger volume discount and we could do a group buy (just imagine... "20,000 sheets of nori, please... what? Do I own a sushi bar? No, just a couple of fish tanks..."). Anyway, I'm curious as to how fish that are less aggressive eaters do with the grade D versus the grade B. My Lyretail Anthias eat the nori I currently feed but they don't have the power of the tangs. At the same time, the imperator that I have in my sump takes a couple swipes at the current nori and tears it off the clip. Those of you who are using different grades, please post up about who can eat it and who demolishes it for reference!

Those of you who are using different grades, please post up about who can eat it and who demolishes it for reference!

Tagging along for the results.

• 1 year later...