another good reason to go to macna

dbartco

Wow - $290 for a single dive! What an incredible dive, though, and lucky, lucky you! You'd better report back afterward!!

I will be luck enough to do this on Aug 4.

I was tempted to change the tag under your avatar to "Shark bait" but I resisted. Aren't you proud of me? :biggrin:

Seriously though, that's sounds very exciting!

Copps is doing it as well. Not sure what day. The price is a little ridiculous, but it does cover admission to the aquarium and gear. And as John put it to me when he first mentioned this, what would you pay for a dive trip to try and get a glimpse of one of these in the wild. (Anyone want to buy some corals for cheap?)

And don't tell my wife....

Well, it is kinda like that. FUN!

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Human_De...t_Year_999.html

http://www.dropzone.com/fatalities/2007/index.shtml

61 deaths for skydiving, 71 ATTACKS for sharks. At least you have a fighting chance after a shark attack. Besides, these aren't bull sharks we are swimming with. This zebra shark at the NAIB when I dove there was rubbing up against me the whole time. I had to constantly push him away with both hands. Maybe she liked my cologne. But I was never nervous. There are hammerheads in the tank, but I am not plking them for goodness sake.

Well, it is kinda like that. FUN!

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Human_De...t_Year_999.html

http://www.dropzone.com/fatalities/2007/index.shtml

61 deaths for skydiving, 71 ATTACKS for sharks. At least you have a fighting chance after a shark attack. Besides, these aren't bull sharks we are swimming with. This zebra shark at the NAIB when I dove there was rubbing up against me the whole time. I had to constantly push him away with both hands. Maybe she liked my cologne. But I was never nervous. There are hammerheads in the tank, but I am not plking them for goodness sake.

:insert turtle joke here: dont sharks love turtles :why: :biggrin:

Those stats are misleading. I think 10 of the skydiving deaths were due to the person landing in shark infested waters! :biggrin:

or could of been those guys who chicken out at the last moment..... did they have a boot print on their backs?

Yeah if you factor in the travel time and expense to find whale sharks, $290 is cheap. I just got back from South Africa to hang out with some wild life.

That's me in the cage with my hands up...

gallery_1638_184_3833.jpg

i think $290 is definitely worth it. do you need a certification or would they just give you a quick lesson when you get there? i did all the classroom work and pool work for my SCUBA cert but didnt finish the actual dives for my certification :(

Those stats are misleading. I think 10 of the skydiving deaths were due to the person landing in shark infested waters! :biggrin:

Not only that, they belived they were a Doug :biggrin:

Sorry I'm late here, but that sounds like a lot of fun!

In the article it says that critics are worried that humans will stress out animals in the tank. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but unless there are hundreds of humans in there at a time it shouldn't stress any animals, also, why would they view us any differently then "just another fish" after all, you will be swimming in the water with them, how should they know any differently?

$290 is a small price to pay to be able to dive with the whale sharks.it wpuld cost way more to travel abroad and not be guaranteed a whale shark sighting..i am definitely doing that before the end of the summer..