6 line wrasse

Amuze

(edited)

Will a 6 line Wrasse eat a cleaner shrimp? Or any other inverts for that matter?

*Sweet, not a "pod" anymore...

Edited by audible

Mine lives quite happily with a cleaner shrimp - it is a model citizen. I've never seen it nip at any corals either. Are you looking to buy one?

jp

You should be just fine

Cool, just wanted to hear from others who have both in their tank.

Cool, just wanted to hear from others who have both in their tank.

I think I may become a full member of the site today. :clap: Seems well worth it and I'm hoping to find some more LR.

Had a really mean one take out a coral beauty.......but other then that, didn't really bother anything....well chased all fish got in it's way.....:)

I guess a 55 w/ 3 other fish was just too small for the angry little bugger :-)

Yes, I'm looking to add one this week.

I've been wanting to get rid of mine since I only got it to try and control flatworms. The problem is that I doubt I could catch it; I'd probably have to use a trap, which I don't have.

I've been wanting to get rid of mine since I only got it to try and control flatworms. The problem is that I doubt I could catch it; I'd probably have to use a trap, which I don't have.

How big is the wrasse and why get rid of it? I'm not quite sure where Hamilton is either. I'll probably go through a lfs to get one. You could try the bottle method to catch him. Not sure if he'd go for it though. I had to catch a Damsel that way.

I watched my sixline pull apart a cleaner shrimp when I put it in. I think he picked apart the peppermint shrimp too.

I don't know that he ate them, but he at least bothered them and pulled at their legs and such enough to kill them.

:) I went thru two. The first little guy was very curious and used to investigate anything new in the tank. He was fearless and got sucked in to the intake of the protien skimmer when I had a hang-on the back system. Now the new one in the tank is not bad jsut as curious and very playfull, never seen him at wild with his tank mates. There a very nice fish to have to keep certain parasites in check.

How big is the wrasse and why get rid of it? I'm not quite sure where Hamilton is either. I'll probably go through a lfs to get one. You could try the bottle method to catch him. Not sure if he'd go for it though. I had to catch a Damsel that way.

I saw that FWE treatments ultimately solved my flatworm issues, which the 6-line didn't, and the 6-line's purple\green just blends in too much now. I'd like to get some other fish in there but don't think the wrasse would play nice with something like a candy hog or a different colored wrasse in my 65. It's just time for a change. No worries.

I watched my sixline pull apart a cleaner shrimp when I put it in. I think he picked apart the peppermint shrimp too.

I don't know that he ate them, but he at least bothered them and pulled at their legs and such enough to kill them.

Nice, you sure it wasn't picking at a molt?

I am sure.. it was as I put the shrimp into the tank

Bummer - I have two 6-lines (one went carpet-surfing). Both are model citizens, and so was the third one. The third one killed ALL of the flatworms in my frag system before he tried to fly over to another system. I like to think he saw a flatworm in my 58 - and just couldn't quite make the leap.

bob

I had 8 peppermint shrimps and many snails that all perished from the sixline. My 2 cleaner shrimp and fire blood shrimp are doing just fine. The six line is definitely aggressive. It chases all my fish regardless of size. If I had to do it again I would chose the 4 line wrasse that is less aggressive but just as pretty.

I've had a 6 line for about 2 months. No problems with other fish, corals or my peppermint shrimp.

One thing I've learned from years of keeping fish - they all have their own personalities. Hence, all of the conflicting reports you're seeing here. Also, you never know if people are keeping them in an overcrowded tank or if there are other environmental considerations to factor in. All I can tell you is I have one in a 29 Gallon Red Sea Max and it's fine. Model Citizen. My clown fish is much more aggressive.

I've had a 6 line for about 2 months. No problems with other fish, corals or my peppermint shrimp.

One thing I've learned from years of keeping fish - they all have their own personalities. Hence, all of the conflicting reports you're seeing here. Also, you never know if people are keeping them in an overcrowded tank or if there are other environmental considerations to factor in. All I can tell you is I have one in a 29 Gallon Red Sea Max and it's fine. Model Citizen. My clown fish is much more aggressive.

Yeah, I'm still debating getting one. I like them and they can be a great/useful addition, but I really like my cleaner shrimp. I guess I'll try one out and see how it goes. I have a yellow tang who's not scared of anything except me, a pretty good size clarkii clown that's a little aggressive and a bi color angel that mills about the tank in his own little world.

So I picked one up today from my friend in Centreville. We'll see how the little guy does. :wig: