Angels and Rabbits

Hilary

I would love to add an angel and/or rabbit to my tank, but am getting contradictory information about how safe they are. Most sources indicate that they can't be trusted (well, "with caution") with a reef tank, but others indicate that they're ok as long as they're well-fed. I also see that a number of WAMAS members have various rabbitfish as well as coral beauties and flame angels. I have a 90 gallon with clams, softies, LPS and SPS. Experiences?

My spotted rabbit didn't touch a thing in my old 180. I've never had a problem with any dwarf angles, to include Flame, Coral Beauty, Eibli, Lamark, Lemonpeel, and Potters. I'm currently having success with a yellow belly Regal. (Knock on Wood!!)

My Scribble Rabbitfish hasn't touched any corals in my tank and he ate the little bit of green hair algae that was in my tank.

Oh that's excellent news - thanks all! Of course, I'm the one who had the acro-eating clown gobies, so I don't always have the best of luck, but sounds like it's worth a try! Now to decide what kinds I want..... :)

Oh that's excellent news - thanks all! Of course, I'm the one who had the acro-eating clown gobies, so I don't always have the best of luck, but sounds like it's worth a try! Now to decide what kinds I want..... :)

I've been thinking about getting a Foxface as well. From what I understand, they are reef friendly, but any fish can have it's own personality. I had a goby that attacked snails before.

i had good luck with coral b's and flame angels with everything in the tank..it was the lemon peel who was the terror. hows the LP doing mike? lol