Mr Coral "sales

Jen-gineer

(edited)

Do all retailers generally mark up livestock before sales?

I'm trying to figure out if I should stay pumped about the word "sale" or if this is common retail practice.

Edited by Jen-gineer

Sounds like an easy fix.

Show Sonny the receipt that you were mistakenly charged $50.

"Reef" safe typically refers to "Coral eating" safe.

ALL wrasses can eat hermits, snails, shrimp and anything else that might shed it's exoskeleton along with tons of other creatures.

Fishy? Everytime you come up to the store we take care of you correct?

Didn't we give you some Freebies also?

I make sure I talk to you everytime you come in.

I really like you!!

I'm shocked by this post if you have a concern just send me a PM.

Prices on Fish Change of course depending on what you pay from your Suppliers at the time.

You can't keep a Yellow Tang at $24.99 when your Supplier is now at $18.00. Things change of course!!

I have Lunars in all my Coral tanks as you know. If you were asking me question during Midnight Madness maybe it came out the wrong way. As everyone knows it was Madness and I can't give one on one like I do always. What I meant was it is Safe with Corals. We did take the fish back after 2 Months for Credit. We don't do that after that amount of period but for you of course.

You have to make sure you do research on what is in your tank but you know that.

By the way 30% tommorrow!!

I will see you soon!!

Sonny

Ok this post is making me look bad. Jen just change her 1st post and now it looks like I'm posting something that does not make senese. She was asking about her Wrasse why it was $10 less then 2 months ago.

This is a PM from her.

Hey,

I changed the post to read something more into what I was trying to find out. When I put up a general post, I got too many questions on what store and no one answering my question.

I didn't mean to give you guys any bad PR or anything, I'm sorry if it came across that way, I definitely don't want to discourage people---actually I was gonna ask you for some business cards next time because I'm always seeing people in other retailers getting ripped off--and trying to pull them aside & tell them to head out to Frederick.

Sorry if that post caused any problems for you, if it did, tell them to PM me and I'll set them straight.

Jen

This is a vendor that I really wanted to like. Because It is so close to me. He is located less than 5 minutes from my house. But with my experiences that I have had there, I still drive 45 minutes one way to get my corals.

Maybe its just me but I view general/non-specific negative comments to be the lowest form of internet commentary.

FWIW I have been there twice and was pleased with the selection, prices and help available.

(edited)

Maybe its just me but I view general/non-specific negative comments to be the lowest form of internet commentary.

FWIW I have been there twice and was pleased with the selection, prices and help available.

I really do feel that bashing someone for their faults is a bad thing. And have been very hesitant to ever post anything negative towards them. But when the post came up I figured it was time to say something and maybe it would change things for the better. Believe me I would like for things to be great always but thats not reality. As far as my opinion. Things can change. And thats all it is just an opinion. Now that mine is out I'm sure I will talk with Sonny and maybe things will be Better. For the both of us.

Edited by LiVEWiRE

This is a great store!!! Mr. Coral definitely has the best selection I've ever seen, and for the best prices. I live all the way in Baltimore & go to umbc...and his store is perfect for a poor college student like me (awesome frag tanks) and for people looking to spend a little more.

I put this post up, trying to figure out if most stores raise their prices on livestock before having sales, particularly on fish because I just set up a 180 & have 3 tiny fish in it...looks a little barren.

I didn't want this thread to be something negative about ANY retailer/vendor...and I want to make it clear that I really LOVE Mr.Coral & Sonny does a REALLY good job taking care of everyone. They have an amazing number of different corals & are one of the only places that has such awesome cheap frag tanks, as well as the higher end stuff.

Sonny's a good guy, I stop in frequently and he has treated me well. I actually consider us pretty fortunate to have a local store in Frederick with the variety that Mr. Corals has. Sonny will also get just about whatever you want if he has a source for it. He has ordered me supplies that he doesn't ordinarily stock (UV bulbs, sand, etc) at very competitive prices.

Dunno why, but everytime I go Sonny cracks me up.

Keeps me going back for sure. But I like bringing my friend Rainbowfish (Jack) over there with me. Sonny ALWAYS makes funny remarks to him. LMAO!!

I agree with the positives! I have had a great experience there! Tons of wonderful stuff. I would recommend Mr. Coral to all comers. Not to mention you have got to see the "miami hurricaine" In the display tank. John Yauger

I chatted with Sonny and things are all fine. I never doubted that he was a nice guy. He addressed my concerns and is a stand up business owner. Not to mention He does have an awesome selection of corals. I am sure that the next experience I have there will be a good one.