Anyone ever try one of these T5 lamps?

DaveS

Dual T5 fixture, $50 shipped to the door:

http://cgi.ebay.com/new-T5ho-T5-ho-24-2-la...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone have experience with one? Looking to use it on a 20L frag tank.

I don't trust anything without some kind of maker name on it.

Looks like a pretty good deal! And the seller has a great rating. He also a 14 day return policy so if it's not what you want, you can probably send it back to him and get your money back.

But has anyone actually seen one in person?

Might be worth trying as a fuge light. Considering it's gonna cost me ~$40 to get a new PC bulb shipped for my current light, a brand new fixture for $50 doesn't seem to bad. I'd open up the unit to see what's inside of course.

Might be worth trying as a fuge light. Considering it's gonna cost me ~$40 to get a new PC bulb shipped for my current light, a brand new fixture for $50 doesn't seem to bad. I'd open up the unit to see what's inside of course.

If it lights up, for $50 it doesnt seem like it could be that bad.

The things that most concern me are that 1. There's no brand name at all, and 2. It says "10k blue", whatever that means.

There great great lights. The only thing I would watch with those products it that when things go wrong you can't just go to the store and return for something else. Also I purchased a 48" T-5 corla light set works great but the stand it comes with is a bit "suspect" if you know what I mean. Plus they come with one cord so you don't have the ease of phasing the lights like you would if you had multiple cords to truly control your lights. Other than that there fine.

Are you planning to go ahead and buy this? I'd like to know what you think if you do get one.

i had purchased a no name brand retro fixture on ebay...worth it imo.... the guy i sold it to when i thought i was gonna break down my system completly is still using it...i used the cheapy bulbs they had in it a few month later with some good guissman(sp?) bulb...in some ways i wish i still had it.

just make sure those lights meet your requirement

Yea, I got one coming in next week. I let you all know how it goes.

looks like a jebo light... cheap chinese jobs.. i have read nightmare tales of those things burning down houses... good luck!

Yea, I got one coming in next week. I let you all know how it goes.

looks like a jebo light... cheap chinese jobs.. i have read nightmare tales of those things burning down houses... good luck!