My 75 Gallon Frag Stand

LiVEWiRE

Here are some pics I uploaded so you all can see the progress of my 75 gallon stand I just about got done. This is my 3rd stand I have built and I must say they just keep getting better. I hope you all enjoy the pics. I have also come to the conclusion that if you are a WAMAS member and are in bad need of a stand for personal use that is. I will build all members one for cost. This is a 75 gallon stand built for the Heavy load of a reef tank and it cost me under $80 for the material.

The Pics

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?s=&a...m&album=418

looks good. I'm working on my second stand, it just needs walls and a door but is functional just the way it is.

That is a very nice stand. I thought it was factory made. I also was wondering about the stablility of the stand? I noticed there is no center brace behind the doors. I was thinking about removing mine in order to remove my refugium, since the way I got it in there was by dropping it in right before placing the tank on top of the stand.

Thank You, I am glad that you like the stand. Thats what makes it all worth it, Someone saying that it looks great. And also the cost savings. It turned out very well and it is 100% made by hand by myself. Behind the the finished wood is a 2x3 frame that I came up with. it can withstand alot of weight. The front opening of the stand is 20" and framed with 2x3 on each side. The 2x3 is upright so it makes it even stronger.

I am going to make a setup to test just how much that area can hold but from my calculations so far it far exceeds any aquarium that I can imagine. And the thing is that it does not weight as much as you would think and it cost alot less to build than buying a stand already made and will hold a lot of weight with no concerns. I would like to sell one at cost to build to one of our vendors sometime and see how it goes. I have put the bottom floor in and have placed the top one in and also have ran the electric. I will post updated pics soon.

• 3 weeks later...

the stand looks very nice, but how come you made the access door so small?

Its really not that small. I can fit a 20 gal long through there..