Vic's 120 Gallon Rimless Starfire Reef

Very nice. Glass Cages?

Wow, careful balancing act on that workbench :eek:

Yep, Glass Cages :)

It's on the floor now, I just had it up there to paint it, haha.

• 4 weeks later...

How did that happen?

Do you have kids? wife?

So there is a chance :biggrin: Good luck with Glasscages but i am pretty sure they arent going to tell you what you want to here. Its possible that it was chipped and the chip fell out and then you noticed it.

If you ask me. I noticed that your chip was a stress trip. Also notice the condensation in the bubbles? I believe glass cages is located in Tn, a state with more humidity than Northern Va. If you ask me I think it happen with them and now the added stress of moving it around might have casued it to chip.

So there is a chance :biggrin: Good luck with Glasscages but i am pretty sure they arent going to tell you what you want to here. Its possible that it was chipped and the chip fell out and then you noticed it.

Nah, I inspected that tank very thoroughly before I accepted it. I know GlassCages isn't going to help at all, but it's worth a shot. I've taken every precaution I can think of to prevent anything from happening to that tank, but oh well.

I dont like the idea of all those bubbles

Yeah I know, I thought it was weird to have those bubbles too.

If you guys had a tank that had a chip that large taken out of it, would you trust it's integrity? I can easily cover the chip up and nobody would know, but I'm just not confident at this point that it will continue to hold water. Maybe a prolonged water test would be in order?

i would be more concerned w/ the air in the seem. that cant hold a seal too well. do you see what i mean??? the steaky air between the panes of glass. that is a void where i woould imagine silicone SHOULD be. good luck w/ a solution!

i wouldnt trust a tank with a chip that big and the air bubbles in the silicone. Tell them to replace the silicone and do the glass while they are at it

I really like the design. Clean lines I like that. How large is your stand going to be? That is a lot to put under the tank.

• 3 weeks later...

Negative, it's still holding water like a champ.

At this point I'm going to stick it out and pray that my wife doesn't kill me if we end up with 120 gallons of water on the floor, LOL!

I really don't think the chip did anything structurally though, it's just an eyesore. My next project is to find some thing to cover the corners to hide the messy silicone and the chip. Pics will follow this weekend hopefully :biggrin:

Attach corner bead to it

Ok first pics. I still need more rock, but it's a start :)

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

A birthday present from my wife, 2 female Lyretail Anthias to go with our quasi male :D

IMG_0217.jpg