My RBTA split

wreck

YaaHooo, I just noticed my RBTA naturally split. I got this RBTA from Chip a few months ago as a fresh cut split about the size of a quarter. I now have two, one about 6" when open the other about 4". I'm psyched.

Rick

:) Congrats Rick! :) It's excitement to see your own RBTA splitted.

(edited)

darn, you're able to breed the Tomato clown, now you get the RBTA to split too? You're the man among men. Picture? :clap:

Tee

--------------------------------------------------------

YaaHooo, I just noticed my RBTA naturally split. I got this RBTA from Chip a few months ago as a fresh cut split about the size of a quarter. I now have two, one about 6" when open the other about 4". I'm psyched.

Rick

Edited by Tee

darn, you're able to breed the Tomato clown, now you get the RBTA to split too? You're the man among men. Picture? :clap:

Tee

--------------------------------------------------------

Seriously!

Here are some pictures of my RBTA just before or as it was splitting last week, it was hard for to tell if it was actually split:

gallery_1762_256_208269.jpg

here's my Two RBTAs today, the little guy is wedged under the rock some but hopefully it will extend out or move into the open:

gallery_1762_256_137464.jpg

Guest webshout

Very cool. I got one from Chip around the same time. Mine has nearly doubled in size, but no sign of a split. But my maroon clown is very happy. :clap: I'll keep watching.

Sweet.

I love it when this happens.

My goal is for everyone to have one one day

Pretty soon there will be no need for me. :cry:

Thanks Chip, I love my RBTAs. I think you're probably pretty close to everyone on WAMAS having one of your RBTA babies, but there's always the mail order market.

Very cool. I got one from Chip around the same time. Mine has nearly doubled in size, but no sign of a split. But my maroon clown is very happy. :clap: I'll keep watching.

Keep watching, doubling in size is always good too.

:) your RBTA is super red. You just need to expand it online and ad. on RC, chip. We are awaiting for you to experiment with the long tentacle purple anemone. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yahhooo. My RBTA split has now split in two again, I now have three in my tank. After the first split, the smaller RBTA moved too close to my Crocea clam so I moved it. I don't know if removing from the rock if I injured the foot or something, but the last few days it had two feet and started splitting itself in two. This morning it's completely split in two and they both look good. I'll snap a pic and post up later.

Wreck

Goll dern,

I wonder if I mistakenly broke off a small piece of the scapel and left it in that thing? :)

Congrats and by the way, don't you hand out cuban cigars when this happens?

should I be worried since it split so quickly? Chip, I think I have a few cubans in the humidor, don't tell the ATF, I'll give you one next time I see you. :)

Goll dern,

I wonder if I mistakenly broke off a small piece of the scapel and left it in that thing? :)

Congrats and by the way, don't you hand out cuban cigars when this happens?

should I be worried since it split so quickly?

Actually, maybe I should be the one worrying since everyone that gets this clones seems to have great success.

I think it's because since it's been in service that it knows nothing but aquarium life.

It goes to show that buying frags from members a few generations down the line makes for pretty darn hardy corals. This anemone is into the 80-90s

Chip, I think I have a few cubans in the humidor, don't tell the ATF, I'll give you one next time I see you. :)

I'll make a note of that and remind you.

BTW, you got the cigar you promised me?

Hmmm, I wonder the RTBA I got form BRK a couple of weeks back is doing fine. What are some clues for the health of the anemone? I feed the little guy about once a week with shrimp.

I noticed my porcelain crab has planted him self smack in the middle of the anemone. Should I be worried about the clowns?

And just last week I was transferring over to my new tank and I was trying to get the anemone off the rock when out of no where the clown comes around the corner and about two inches from the RTBA and I thought he was going to rub him self on the thing. But instead he did the thing were your dog will sniff his food then walk away pissed you didn't give him the steak he ordered. :(

What are some tips to get them to notice the RTBA, or will I just have to let time run its course?

Hmmm, I wonder the RTBA I got form BRK a couple of weeks back is doing fine. What are some clues for the health of the anemone? I feed the little guy about once a week with shrimp.

I noticed my porcelain crab has planted him self smack in the middle of the anemone. Should I be worried about the clowns?

And just last week I was transferring over to my new tank and I was trying to get the anemone off the rock when out of no where the clown comes around the corner and about two inches from the RTBA and I thought he was going to rub him self on the thing. But instead he did the thing were your dog will sniff his food then walk away pissed you didn't give him the steak he ordered. :(

What are some tips to get them to notice the RTBA, or will I just have to let time run its course?

These are some questions you might want to ask Flowerseller. I target feed my anemone once in a while but it mostly just gets what happens to land in it when I feed the tank. My Tomato clowns took to the RBTA almost immediately but don't stay in it constantly. I think there are some tricks to get clowns to start hosting in anemones but I forget what they are, but I think they will eventually notice the anemone.

Wreck

Yeah I was hoping they were going to host, but if it splits I will be happy. That way I can accomodate the crab and the clowns. Well only time will tell.

Target feed the clowns near the tentacles of the anemone. My clowns hosted within a couple of days after I tried that and 123gadgets had success with this approach.

Yeah I was hoping they were going to host, but if it splits I will be happy. That way I can accomodate the crab and the clowns. Well only time will tell.

i had 3 anems at one time and 3 clarkii clown 1 female one male and one juvi. the all kinda stayed in their own anem....but they pal'ed around till sleeping time.

• 3 weeks later...

My original RBTA has split again, I now have four. Is this normal or should I be worried that something is stressing them to split? Everything else is looking good.

Wreck

if you are doing everything right (lighting, you feeding them)...consider yourself lucky and kudos to you.

is the color of them good?

I feel very lucky, thanks. The color looks great on all four anemones, just like the earlier pics.

if you are doing everything right (lighting, you feeding them)...consider yourself lucky and kudos to you.

is the color of them good?