Coral battle rankings

SurlyT

Just wondering if anyone had ever seen a list or chart that compared the "stings" of various corals. I was thinking about the inevitable wars that will happen as my corals grow out, and was curious if it was possible to predict which ones would win in any given battle. It would make an interesting chart and could add another dimension to aquascaping efforts...

I know galaxia is known for being rather potent, and under the right conditions (high flow) can have sweeper tentacles that go 6" or better.

Also, while not a coral.. the nuisance aiptasia anemone wins all battles.

Hey, my aiptasia finally lost. The big one that survived countless attacks with Joe's Juice and strong kalk, as well as all of the small guys who were multiplying, suddenly disappeared when I added the "pack" of peppermints! :clap:

Bob, if you find that list, I would love to see it! (I'm every hopeful that someday my frags will be large enough to worry about these things.)

someone should dig up the old thread and link to it on here.

Ok, ok,I went ahead and did it myself. Maybe this should just carry on from that thread instead of a whole new one??

http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17242

Edited by treesprite

Great thread, and Forrest, thx for posting that link, great stuff.

But....my Millepora (Fire coral, not Acropora millepora) can kick yours, and anyone else's corals', butt!

Technically it's not a coral, but rather a Hydrozoan, so maybe that doesn't count :)

-R

PS Love the Bob avatar Surly.

Ok, ok,I went ahead and did it myself. Maybe this should just carry on from that thread instead of a whole new one??

Thanks for digging that up - I hadn't seen it before. Interesting point that some colors seem to carry more "clout" than others.

PS Love the Bob avatar Surly.

That officially makes you the first person to recognize him since I've been using it. Excellent!