New Fish

discretekarma

really nice fish :)

I think the Snowflake is about 18". I'm having a hard time picking a favorite fish. I love the Grouper, Wrasses, Puffer, Triggers, Eel, and my old Tomato Clown. They all have their own personality. The Puffer is the best as far as that goes. They're all so great. I love reef corals but I love the aggressive fish better than reef fish. I didn't realize it until I switched.

I've been reading a lot and found that it seams to be ok to put Damsels in a tank like mine as long as it's an odd number over 3. I'd love to put a bunch of Damsels in here. Any thoughts?? What type would be the best suited? Not the nastiest but the best suited.

I think the Snowflake is about 18". I'm having a hard time picking a favorite fish. I love the Grouper, Wrasses, Puffer, Triggers, Eel, and my old Tomato Clown. They all have their own personality. The Puffer is the best as far as that goes. They're all so great. I love reef corals but I love the aggressive fish better than reef fish. I didn't realize it until I switched.

I've been reading a lot and found that it seams to be ok to put Damsels in a tank like mine as long as it's an odd number over 3. I'd love to put a bunch of Damsels in here. Any thoughts?? What type would be the best suited? Not the nastiest but the best suited.

I know you said you like the black durgeon triggers... Scales has a HUGE one. absolutely beautiful. Reasonable price at $200 too! They also have a small one - I bought the second small one :) The big one is hawaiian, small one is indian. slight differences but should look basically the same as an adult. haven't been able to find anyone that knows for sure though.

Miniatus grouper! IMO the most beautiful fish ever. I had one for a couple of years before I moved and had to break down my tanks, but he was definitely my fave.

DK, not to sound negative, but you do know that they lose their coloration as they age?

-R

sadly - at least for the keepers - that happens to a lot of fish.

I think I'm going to have to hold off on another Trigger but I'm still interested to find out about adding some Damsels. Would that be a problem and what kind of Damsel would be best suited?

Thanks

I think I'm going to have to hold off on another Trigger but I'm still interested to find out about adding some Damsels. Would that be a problem and what kind of Damsel would be best suited?

Thanks

Anything that won't fit in the grouper's mouth. I might add the angel before the damsels. Angels can be a bit shy when they first go into a tank and I can see the damsels picking on it.

I have always loved that grouper

I think I'm going to get an Emporer Angel that's changing or just about to so that it's not too small. I'd love to have one that hasn't started changing but I think that may be too small to hang in the tank.

Also, what type of Damsels would be good? Yellow Tail Blue Damsels, Three Stripe, Domino, something else?

Thanks

Also, what type of Damsels would be good? Yellow Tail Blue Damsels, Three Stripe, Domino, something else?

Any will do - raising some live food for the Miniatus? :biggrin:

Cool fish, that was our house fish way back when (it ate everything else in the tank).............they get big and will eat darn near anything.

Awesome fish, but I take it your not an Ornamental Shrimp Fan! :biggrin:

...well, maybe the fish are? :)

very cool fish!! like it has been said, the grouper will eat anything that can fit in its mouth so careful with damsels!

have a full-tank shot?