Ziggy953's 72g Bow

Wow, not sure how I miised this thread. Sorry to hear about your previous problems - your new system is looking fantastic! I'm just up the road form you in Bealeton, so if you are ever interested in trading some things, let me know. My tank is only a 30 gallon cube though, so my space is limited, unlike yours...so much space!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, not sure how I miised this thread. Sorry to hear about your previous problems - your new system is looking fantastic! I'm just up the road form you in Bealeton, so if you are ever interested in trading some things, let me know. My tank is only a 30 gallon cube though, so my space is limited, unlike yours...so much space!

It was very nice meeting you and your grandson the other day. Thank you for stopping by and picking up some zoas from me. I hope they grow like mad in your tank!!

• 2 months later...

Wow..so it has been a while since I have updated things about my tank here.

How about some pics rather then a lot of reading???

FTS One day this week can't remember exactly what day

1012476mediumpp2.jpg

Pavona

1012493mediumzs2.jpg

ORA Hawkins

1012505mediumeb0.jpg

From the Left side

1012501mediumnm8.jpg

1012478mediumdb2.jpg

1012481mediumdo8.jpg

1012482mediumal3.jpg

Very nice looking.

Glad you stayed in.

Thanks Chip!!

The anemone as you can see in the pics is in need of splitting. I am being told by everyone to just cut it. I've watched the videos you have posted on Youtube as well as a few others. I'm just scared of killing it.

I've been told that too but I have no idea what to really look for. I know on corals like Trumpets and things like that you can see the mouth split and then after a week or so you have 2 polyps where there was once one. I'm guessing this is a similar process for anemones but I don't know. Something is going to have to give with it because it is giant.

Jason, if I cut it I will video it and post for all to view.

He means "when", not "if"

Hmmm....I sense someone wanting an anemone for their tank.....Perhaps surgery will begin this weekend....I am married to a bio major.....

I posted another thread in the general discussion forum and got several great suggestions on how to catch the fish. I think the spear gun was the best. I'm going to try and avoid that method, at least for now.

We'll see, fish removal 2009 begins shortly.

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted any updates in a while so I thought I would toss out a few pics of the tank as it is now.

dsc0111medium.jpg

dsc0115medium.jpg

dsc0050medium.jpg

dsc0019medium.jpg

dsc0066medium.jpg

dsc0080medium.jpg

dsc0098medium.jpg

dsc0077medium.jpg

WOW. Gorgeous! Have you gotten your wifes nano going yet? How's the favite doing?

Edited by Jan

(edited)

Jan,

The favite is doing great. I haven't put it in the main tank yet it is still in my frag system. The colors are AWESOME!

Edited by Ziggy953