Ziggy953's 72g Bow

Well I haven't posted on here much heck I've only been a member for a little over a month but I thought since everyone else is showing off I would post some pics of my tank as well. The first pic is from the beginning and the photo quality isn't that great. So here we go.

Jan 2006

fish11hz0.jpg

Feb 2008

1010555mediumeu0.jpg

Now for some other shots of the tank.

1001635tn0.jpg

1001632zk1.jpg

1001522pw7.jpg

1001520if4.jpg

1001539tz3.jpg

1001537hq0.jpg

1001536rr6.jpg

1001531ve9.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice tank, what equipment do you have on it?

Connor

Thanks Connor!!

As for equipment there isn't anything too special on the tank. I have dual 175w MH (10000K) dual 110w VHO actinics and 2x54w T5 super actinics for lighting. I have an ASM G4X recirculating skimmer. Tunze Nano Streams for flow and that's pretty much it. Under the tank I have a 3 stage sump with a 20g tall as my fuge that is packed with Macro and LR.

that green cap appears to be quite large!! how big do you think it is anyway?

The green cap is GIANT!!! It's well over the size of a dinner plate and I have fragged the heck out of it. I wish my orange would grow that quickly.

very nice tank

Very nice corals and the rope trim on the stand is a nice "nautical" touch. Summerduck, that's off of 29 not far from 28 right? Population around 27 or so?

hahaha nice... I've never even heard of Summerduck..

very nice tank though...

Very nice corals and the rope trim on the stand is a nice "nautical" touch. Summerduck, that's off of 29 not far from 28 right? Population around 27 or so?

Thanks!! Sumerduck is actually off of 17 south of 29 and the population is 28 thank you very much. LOL

very nice tank

Thanks!!

hahaha nice... I've never even heard of Summerduck..

very nice tank though...

Thanks

Sumerduck is just a spot on the map.

Nice tank! That birds nest is sweet!

Thanks!!!

The green or the pink? I have about 10 frags of the pink growing. It grew a lot faster then I was expecting it to and where it is in the tank it ends up touching the front glass after a couple of weeks If I don't keep it trimmed back. BRK all the way for those awesome ORAs!!!!

Awesome tank and setup sir!!!

Is the First closeup pic of Teal Staghorn?

Awesome tank and setup sir!!!

Is the First closeup pic of Teal Staghorn?

Thank you very much!

That is a Teal Staghorn.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing too exciting to report on the tanks progress. Everything is growing and looking good. If I could just get my clowns into the expensive RBTA I got for them I would be a happy reef-er.

Oh yeah I did end up doing some plumbing modifications. My skimmer is now in a 30g tote. the dang Uniseals wouldn't stop leaking and I got tired of it so I took the tote I used to mix SW in and made it a sump. It is working out very well and I'm up to 180g totaly system volume.

WHOA!!! It's amazing to see a before (years before) pic with a now pic. What a change! Beautiful reef! :)

Is that a big fish eater carpet anemone in there?

(edited)

WHOA!!! It's amazing to see a before (years before) pic with a now pic. What a change! Beautiful reef! :)

Is that a big fish eater carpet anemone in there?

I actually gave that carpet to a friend of mine that had a much larger tank. At one point I had 3 anemones in the tank at once. I had a GIANT LTA that I got from John at BRK and had to take it back because it just got too big. I also had a condy (yuck gone now) with the carpet. I got the Carpet from a friend on another site he had a small tank and not enough light so I took it. Now I have one anemone a RBTA that I picked up from BRK a few months ago.

After I answered that I scrolled up and didn't see the carpet in any of those pics. What exactly are you talking about? The large coral in the center of the tank on the bottom (green) is a trichophilia. On the Left side of the tank that is Galaxia. Not sure which you mean.

Edited by Ziggy953

(edited)

Toadstool....It does look like a carpet in that pic.

If you look at the very first pic that is the same toadstool when I first got it. It was a tiny little guy then.,....

Edited by Ziggy953

WOW! I wouldn't have ever guessed it was toadstool. I mean, the folds in it and everything, it really looks like a carpet.

Camouflage at it's finest.

WOW! I wouldn't have ever guessed it was toadstool. I mean, the folds in it and everything, it really looks like a carpet.

Camouflage at it's finest.

It is one ove my favs in the tank. It's getting too big though. I have to do some trimming on it.

• 2 months later...

Here is my RBTA that I picked up several months ago from BRK. It was a tiny thing when I got it and bleached out a bit. It has come back nicely.

rbta5208smallug5.jpg

I guess I need to add some pics of the stuff I picked up at the social. I'll do that after I straighten a few things up in the tank.

It was great meeting all of you! I wish now I had joined WAMAS 2 years ago. Great group of people! My wife told me on the way home that she had a lot more fun then she thought she would. I'm looking forward to the next function!

Thanks...I'm going up from the 72 soon. The corals I have are just getting so large that I either have to keep cutting them back or upgrade.

UPGRADE!!! :biggrin:

Well my wife and I have plans for a 210 upgrade but with her a full time student and one income it is going to be a slower process then we planned. Not to worry though it will happen. After the social she is more into the tank then ever before. She even let me buy a new lighting system for my frag tank. AWESOME!!!