Allow me to introduce myself

spykey

My Name is Larry (Spykey), a new member of WAMAS. I recently moved into this area from New Jersey where I am a member of NJ Reefers Club, Philadelphia Area Reef Club (PARC), and North Central Pennsylvania Aquarium Reef Society (NCPARS). I attended a WAMAS meeting several years back when you invited Eric Bornman(sp?) to speak. I also met some WAMAS members during MACNA in Crystal City, VA.

I currently have 2 tanks. (180 and 75) In NJ both were reef tanks. I am really looking forward to going to the meeting in Rockville on the 16th. I hope to meet many of you there.

I am starting out (with live stock) from scratch, and I am currently looking to buy macro algae (cheto and grape calurpa with copepods living in it), live sand, and a little live rock to seed my currently dead rock.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Welcome, I too am a new member and am planning on attending the meeting. I will be watching this post as I am looking for sand to install a DSB in my tank for a good price.

:fish: :bb:

I live in Derwood, MD. Ironically, Julius West is my son's school.

Welcome!

There should be plenty of cheato at the meeting. Look for the freebie table, there are usually bags of it. I may have some grape out of the seahorse tank to harvest by then, I will bring if I can. Look for me, I will be talking lots!

Doug.

Welcome, Larry!

I live in Derwood, and we have som cheato we could spare. PM me if interested.

I live in Derwood, MD. Ironically, Julius West is my son's school.

Welcome!

It's nice to have another person in the area - too many live in Virginia! You might want to put your location in your profile.

(edited)

My profile is updated. I will PM you soon fishwife.

I was hoping to hear from some locals.

Edited by spykey

Does anyone have fish store recomendations in the Rockville area?

Hi Spykey, there are a couple down there: Congressional and Aquarium One. I actually only been to Aquarium One and they have a decent selection of items. If you wanted to take a 20 minuted drive, there's Mr. Coral in Fredericksburg. They have plenty of corals and always willing to make a deal.

~JoeDAddy

Hi Spykey, there are a couple down there: Congressional and Aquarium One. I actually only been to Aquarium One and they have a decent selection of items. If you wanted to take a 20 minuted drive, there's Mr. Coral in Fredericksburg. They have plenty of corals and always willing to make a deal.

~JoeDAddy

That would be cool if they were in fredericksburg.......lol :biggrin:

Does anyone have fish store recomendations in the Rockville area?

I personally love aquarium one...

they are currently upgradeing their saltwater systems, so they dont have a lot in, they do personal orders though

but i think all my livestock is from there.

and they are just a great store

congressional i sed to go to, buuut i dont really anymore...