Anemone behavior question?

Though out the week at seemingly random times my amen (condy/hatian) shrinks to almost nothing now and again. Probably only once a day at the most if not every other day. It seems to upset the female clown hosting but it comes back to normal size with in an hour or two. Some times it occurs at lights out, every once in a while it happens when the lights are out. Is this a normal behavior or is there something that needs to be corrected?

Edited by jason the filter freak

Yea, anemones are really fickle. Mine sometimes gets really long and skinny, like an unfolded turtleneck; sometimes is fully expanded and plump (surprising me how big it is); sometimes has really shrivelly and thin tentacles; sometimes has really plump tentacles (rarely has bubble-tip tentacles, though, even though it's a BTA.... hmmm); sometimes folds inward and gets really small.

Appears to be normal, as it seems pretty happy in his little crevice.

sometimes folds inward and gets really small.

Yeah, just wait until it shrinks up, folds inward, and all you see is the foot - no tentacles at all - showing. It'll make you wonder. Then, the next morning, all is normal and the thing is expanded and looking good.

What you're seeing is perfectly normal behavior.