Who got the Red Sea Regal Angel from BRK?

davelin315

Hey Dave, this fish was actually a yellow belly from Sumatra, not the Red Sea... not that it really matters... Red Sea regals are nonexistant lately... This year makes three years with my trio of regals together! :)

Hey Dave, this fish was actually a yellow belly from Sumatra, not the Red Sea... not that it really matters... Red Sea regals are nonexistant lately... This year makes three years with my trio of regals together! :)

I assume that that means that they are the same behavior-wise and adaptability-wise? When you tire of your three and want to move on to something more rare, just let me know. I've got a happy home for them at my house! :biggrin:

:) Dave, I am not the one who got the regal angel; however, you can always put in a special order for another one. This is the in season for regal angel, powder blue tang, anthias, etc... Gotta get them during the season for a better price. :)

I was going to say "_____ the impaler"... :biggrin:

Historically yellow belly regals from all locations have a better track record, but certain areas from the Pacific are producing good regals now too that adapt well. From what I've seen the collection and transport is much more important that the color of the belly. One of my wholesaler friends in Hawaii brings in nice Marshall Island fish, and he's been sending Johnny nice fish, including beautiful Pacific regal angels... of course the first small pair that came in went to Johnny's home tank! They are thriving there... Just let Johnny know what you want and he'll bring it in... :)

Sumatra is the sixth largest island in the world, in the Western part of Indonesia, and is putting out nice yellow belly regals, as are other parts of the Indian Ocean... but not the Red Sea recently...

I have heard that the yellow bellies are less likely to pick on clams and corals than the blue bellies, any truth to this? If the blue bellies are going to be the same temperament and also the same durability (not that any of them are), then I'll go with the blue bellies instead. I'll have to dig out that other thread on which you posted the best methodology for getting them acclimated. I remember somewhat dark, no competition...