Gorilla crab

phisigs79

Ok for sump. Found one on my new milli colony. Removed and waiting on flushing him

Are you sure it's a gorilla crab?

There are lots of crabs that live in symbiosis with Acros, feed off their slime (not their tissue), and are completely benign.

IMO it's one of the more interesting examples of symbiosis, so I never removed crabs from Acros unless it was obvious that they were going for the tissue.

-R

why cant you put it in the sump? What exactly do gorilla crabs do that is so offensive as to warrant a death sentence?

ok i put him in the sump. He was munching on the coral he was on. I found the ID on the crab and it was 100% a gorilla crab. Harry with black tips on its claws. They eat clams, anenomes or anything they can get their hands on

why cant you put it in the sump? What exactly do gorilla crabs do that is so offensive as to warrant a death sentence?

Have you ever had a gorilla crab wreaking havoc in your tank? You'd know why...

I dont think Ive ever even looked at a picture of a gorilla crab. Sounds pretty bad. I'm just not fond of killing things.

ok i put him in the sump. He was munching on the coral he was on. I found the ID on the crab and it was 100% a gorilla crab. Harry with black tips on its claws. They eat clams, anenomes or anything they can get their hands on

Do they eat aptisia. Majano anemones? Put your aptisia and majano rocks with the crab?

i luckly have no pest in my tank to test him out with. Hes in the sump

i luckly have no pest in my tank to test him out with. Hes in the sump

get ybe to show you how he built the jail for his florida stone crab. i do miss that crab, he was "lively" to say the least.

I had a very small stone crab that hitchhiked in on some TBS LR. He was mean as they come and ended up being sentenced to life in prison (sump):

Killercrab-plasticjail800x600.jpg

He had no fear at all and would race across the sump in an attempt to grab my hand every time I stuck it in the water.

Early days:

DSCN5479.jpg

Later:

Killercrab-fingerfood800x600.jpg

And here's all that was left of a mussel I fed him for dinner one night:

Crab-eatenshell800x600.jpg

eeek i need to get my gorrila crab out of my tank!! its prolly the size of a dime or nickle right now, though i kee seeing molts everywhere,

(stone crabs are soo pretty)

im going crab hunting tonight...

Wow crabbing is fun:) I use chicken necks on a string in the bay. I wonder if you got some fishing line and tide some muscle meat to it if you could do something similar!