A few close ups

NightOwl

Those pictures are fantastic. Are you using a special lense for those shots?

David B.

zotzer,

Thanks...currently they are my favorite in my tank.

davjbeas,

For the zoas, crayola , and the purple tip I did not use any special lenses. I did however use a top-down box I made. That just allowed me to put my camera in the water without ruining it :). For the blue snowflake polyps (last two) I used two different macro lenses. I also took a picture of the colony (not pictured) that is supposed to end up on melevsreef identification page so I am pretty happy about that.

Thanks

zotzer,

Thanks...currently they are my favorite in my tank.

Where did you find them? I'd love to get my hands on them for my own tank! Just beautiful!! The more I look at them, the more I love them. LOL

Tracy

zotzer,

I forget where or who I got them from, but I think it was from a tank breakdown. I can't really remember sorry. I will check my log tonight and see if can figure who I got them from. I am hoping the new location I moved them two will make them spread fast.

I am hoping the new location I moved them two will make them spread fast.

Well, if they do....put me in line for a few polyps. And I'm right here in Ashburn too, so I'd let you come visit them. :)

Tracy

(edited)

zotzer,

I will keep that in mind. I will let you know once they get going pretty good.

jnguyen4007,

Thanks for the comments. I am hoping to have some new shots todays new pickup in few weeks.

Edited by NightOwl

• 4 weeks later...

toastiireefs,

They are some form of people eaters :). They look pretty cool in the tank and I have them sitting up pretty high. They are finally starting to take off so I am getting excited about that.

skipperawe,

The last two are some close-ups of my blue snowflake colony. I'm pretty proud of those pictures :). Melev's Reef actually has a picture of my small colony on his website :).

zoozilla,

Thanks for the hand claps :).

I plan on taking a few more pictures this week so hopefully there will be more to come :).