New Wally's

martin

I met the new owner and staff of Wally's today, I think we are going to see a very positive change in one of the areas long standing LFS. The owner is a fish keeper, that in of its self will help out.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down the street going towards Alexandria across from the car dealerships. I believe its still a

Little River Turnpike address still in Annandale. It doesnt change to Duke St. until you get into Alexandria.

Cheers, :cheers:

Sean

Good to hear, I'll try and get down there and check it out.

I like the old saying "you got to spend money to make money"

this is so true in whatever you retail to a customer base!

going to wally's soon....hope it's bettter than super petz! :biggrin:

Super Petz is still the best place in the area to get crickets or I would never have a reason to stop there. Ooops! We're getting off topic again.

I work close to Walley's so I guess I have no excuse not to stop in to see the improvements. Maybe next week...

This is suh-weet! I live about 1 minute from Wally's. It was a decent store before the ownership change, but very expensive. Hopefully it'll become an awesome store and get more competitive on pricing...

Not to put a damper on all the expectations but we've heard of revampings of Wally's before and hippo tangs still cost $95. This is the basic problem: the fish are outrageously expensive and the coral frags are almost invariably over-priced softies.

This is not to knock Wally's on other things: can't beat their tank prices and their dry goods are generally reasonably priced.

I like the old saying "you got to spend money to make money"

this is so true in whatever you retail to a customer base!

going to wally's soon....hope it's bettter than super petz! :biggrin:

PUH LEEZE

LOL

Anything is better than super petz. Even my 2 year old's diaper is better than super petz. LOL

Not to put a damper on all the expectations but we've heard of revampings of Wally's before and hippo tangs still cost $95. This is the basic problem: the fish are outrageously expensive and the coral frags are almost invariably over-priced softies.

This is not to knock Wally's on other things: can't beat their tank prices and their dry goods are generally reasonably priced.

I agree with WallyBackm here it is very over priced and they don't offer a WAMAS discount.I only stop through when I am in the area and see whats available.They do offer good prices on peppermint shrimp, and tanks however.

Can you set the bar any lower? :lol2:

Bob, i know you know i was just making a "funny"......

Super Petz is still the best place in the area to get crickets or I would never have a reason to stop there. Ooops! We're getting off topic again.

I work close to Walley's so I guess I have no excuse not to stop in to see the improvements. Maybe next week...

Yep....Dave doesnt like when things get off-topic...he will have to come here and "REIN" things in a bit :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I went to the old wally's about 2 years ago and the fish were all dead atleast the saltwater ones and I never went back, so maybe the change is a good thing! Anyway I only go to superpets for crickets/meal worms I have leos. I have never bought saltwater fish from them no plan to prices are just out of this world, but they have great stocks on freshwater fish. I found them to be 10-30% higher on everything saltwater, I go to centerville aquiriums alot!!! Unfortanlty though he doesn't have a very big store so his stocks run out in the middle of the week so I am calling alot, but he caries all sorts of dt's feeder and other feeder stuff. Anyway I am mostly mail ordering stuff from docter mac now and getting my food from centerville. I've heard great things about marine scene in herdon so I may have to check them out. Anyway the best thing about centerville aquiriums is they take live/rock/plant trade ins and give you a single one time discounted live stock card. Its not as good as cash, but if you have something you really just can't find a buyer for he will make sure it gets a good home!

Wally's has been great for fresh water fish. Neons for 99 cents! But SW has been a real disappointment.

I look forward to new ownership. I hope they "get" the WAMAS connection and view us as an ally and not competition.

Well low priced fish from SuperPetz is no deal. They tend to die pretty quickly. Wally's neons are good quality and live for a long time.

Yea I know I only lost 3 though, so it was not a bad deal. I have 12 zebra glofish and they are wicked cool, but they beat the neons up badly Anyway everything has settled out now and they are growing nicely

Bob, i know you know i was just making a "funny"......

Yep....Dave doesnt like when things get off-topic...he will have to come here and "REIN" things in a bit :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dave reigns supreme!!

bob

Went to the new wally's prices were a little high, but no signs of ich or dead fish. I got a clownfish:>). I am going to apply to work there soon. So wish me luck!

Hey cool. Good luck with that. Let me know if you end up working there; I'll come in and say hello. I love just a ways down the road.

Went to the new wally's prices were a little high, but no signs of ich or dead fish. I got a clownfish:>). I am going to apply to work there soon. So wish me luck!