Sample programming for Aqua Controllers?

YBeNormal

I had deleted all of them except for this one:

Jan 28 2008 19:37:43

Temp pH ORP

71.9 8.26 132

VHO is ON Auto

T5L is ON Auto

MHL is ON Auto

MP1 is OFF Manual

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is ON Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is ON Auto

TZ1 is OFF Manual

Power Failed: None

Power Restored: None

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your temp is 71.9 that's whats setting the alarm off.

How about a plot of temp (I thought you said it wasn't jumping around).

Dave

That was only the water in the sump. I acclimated Antonio's RBTA tonight, and drained a 5gallon bucket out of the tank. I then had to add new saltwater into the sump but I didn't have the heater on in my new saltwater container. So when I added it into the sump, that is what made this timer go off. I wished that I hadn't deleted the emails from earlier today.

When I got home tonight I deleted the "If Power 000 then ALM On" code. I didn't get an email or text when the lights cut off tonight, so maybe that's it. Dave, I copied this from your code you posted. What is the purpose of this? To trigger the ALM in case of a power outage correct?

I also sent an email to neptune tonight. Guess I'll wait to see what they say.

ARG!!!!! I was still getting texts all day long. I'm convinced that its sending the texts as the heaters turn on and off, as well as the lights. How do I stop this?

maybe it's a used unit, which you should return for a refund :cry: :cry: :cry:

VOR#-B03

OZO&-A08

OZA&-A05

CO2&-A03

ACT$-B02

K21$-A02

MH1$-A04

K22$-B06

MH2$-B04

BLU$-B07

WHT$-B05

SMP$-A07

HTR%-A01

FAN%-B01

RFL#-B08

If Time > 00:00 Then CO2 ON

If Time > 00:00 Then RFL OFF

If Sun -060/060 Then VOR ON

If Sun 000/000 Then ACT ON

If Sun 015/-075 Then K21 ON

If Sun 030/-060 Then MH1 ON

If Sun 045/-045 Then K22 ON

If Sun 060/-030 Then MH2 ON

If Moon 000/000 Then BLU ON

If Moon 030/-030 Then WHT ON

If Timer ACT = ON Then SMP OFF

If Timer ACT = OFF Then SMP ON

If pH < 07.85 Then CO2 OFF

Max Change 060 M Then CO2 OFF

If ORP < 405 Then OZO ON

If ORP > 415 Then OZO OFF

If Timer OZO = ON Then OZA ON

If Timer OZO = OFF Then OZA OFF

Max Change 002 M Then OZA ON

If Temp < 78.8 Then HTR ON

If Temp > 78.9 Then HTR OFF

If Temp > 79.1 Then FAN ON

If Temp < 79.0 Then FAN OFF

If Temp > 81.0 Then MH1 OFF

Max Change 060 M Then MH1 OFF

If Temp > 82.0 Then MH2 OFF

Max Change 060 M Then MH2 OFF

If Temp > 82.5 Then ACT OFF

Max Change 060 M Then ACT OFF

If Switch1 OPEN Then RFL OFF

If Switch1 CLOSED Then RFL ON

If Switch2 CLOSED Then RFL OFF

If FeedA 000 Then VOR OFF

If FeedB 000 Then VOR OFF

If FeedC 000 Then VOR OFF

If FeedD 000 Then VOR OFF

If Power 005 Then K21 OFF

If Power 010 Then MH1 OFF

If Power 015 Then K22 OFF

If Power 020 Then MH2 OFF

maybe it's a used unit, which you should return for a refund :cry: :cry: :cry:

Funny. I thought I was a smart a$$. Nope, there were no scuff marks, missing equipment, or broken sections on the unit when I got it, so pretty sure it was brand new. ;)

I got 5 texts last night. Here's what I got:

Jan 28 2008 23:05:38

Temp pH ORP

77.5 8.27 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is UNK Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

Jan 29 2008 00:05:31

Temp pH ORP

78.0 8.23 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is UNK Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

Jan 29 2008 01:05:30

Temp pH ORP

78.4 8.19 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is UNK Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

Jan 29 2008 03:33:36

Temp pH ORP

77.5 8.21 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is OFF Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

Jan 29 2008 04:33:30

Temp pH ORP

78.0 8.29 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is OFF Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

Oh wait, while I was typing I got another:

Jan 29 2008 05:33:30

Temp pH ORP

78.3 8.23 133

VHO is OFF Auto

T5L is OFF Auto

MHL is OFF Auto

MP1 is ON Auto

HT1 is ON Auto

HT2 is OFF Auto

HT3 is ON Auto

ALM is OFF Auto

TZ1 is OFF Auto

At this point, I'm hoping Neptune will respond.

Edit: After looking at my email, Neptune did respond. They said to reset the unit and reprogram it. I'll do this tonight at see what happens.

Edited by jamesbuf

I would go to the ACIII itself and see what the ALM is set to.

Every once in a while mine gets off the actual timer slot I had it set to on the ACIII itself and sends me a bunch of mail. It only seems to happen if I'm fooling around with the programs and "updating" from other than aquanotes lite. Or from our MAC

In the email section of the neptune you can control what timer the emails trigger on. typically this is ALM, but it can be changed. As chip said check this... I bet that's your culprit... sorry I didn't think of it earlier :blush:

Dave

Sorry Chip, I'm not intending on taking attention away from your questions. I just have a question on the ACIII that I hope Dave can help.

Dave,

I want to hook up my 2 MJ pumps into the DC8 and use the controller to program it so that the pump on each side will turn on and off at alternating time. Can you show me a sample way of doing this? Also, once I have this set up, is there a way for me to turn off the pumps manually directly from the controller without going through all of the commands or from my computer?

There are a bunch of ways to do this.

Assume that the pumps timers are MJ1 and MJ2

Oscilatting each one on for 10 mins:

OSC 010/010 ON/OFF Then MJ1 ON

If Time > 00:00 THEN MJ2 ON

If Timer MJ1 = ON THEN MJ2 OFF

Random each one on for a random 1-10 mins:

RND 010/010 ON/OFF Then MJ1 ON

If Time > 00:00 THEN MJ2 ON

If Timer MJ1 = ON THEN MJ2 OFF

The easiest way to turn them off is a feed mode, in which case add the following commands:

If FeedA 000 Then MJ1 OFF

If FeedA 000 Then MJ2 OFF

Then to turn them both off put your AC unit into feed mode A. You can also (if you have a III or a III Pro) build one of the switch devices that I have.

Dave

In the email section of the neptune you can control what timer the emails trigger on. typically this is ALM, but it can be changed. As chip said check this... I bet that's your culprit... sorry I didn't think of it earlier :blush:

Dave

I think you're just trying to get your post count up close to Howard. :biggrin:

another for me.....

Nope, there were no scuff marks, missing equipment, or broken sections on the unit when I got it, so pretty sure it was brand new. ;)

I

The "scuff marks" you purportedly saw were most likely nothing more than the"squiggly lines in your eye fluid" -- also commonly known as floaters -- referenced in your tag line.

The "scuff marks" you purportedly saw were most likely nothing more than the"squiggly lines in your eye fluid" -- also commonly known as floaters -- referenced in your tag line.

haha. Good one. No worries man. I hope you realize I'm just poking fun. You're stand up in my book. Its funny that nobody here has any idea what we're talking about.

I would go to the ACIII itself and see what the ALM is set to.

Every once in a while mine gets off the actual timer slot I had it set to on the ACIII itself and sends me a bunch of mail. It only seems to happen if I'm fooling around with the programs and "updating" from other than aquanotes lite. Or from our MAC

That was it Chip. My trigger was changed to the main heater and not ALM. I changed it last night and its been working right all day.

Dave

Thanks for the help Dave. Don't worried, you've still got my vote for Treasurer. ;)

Edited by jamesbuf

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I FINALLY got around to rewiring some of my stuff and am now getting my AC3 online. Before it was just monitoring temp and pH. So I got a few questions that haven't already been asked on this thread.

1) I read from the manual :eek: that the $,% of # after names denote characters on the display screen. Anyone got a good correlation to what the symbols are and their characters on the screen?

2) I want my lights to turn on in the afternoon and off late at night, like after midnight. Do I just reorder the ON/OFF lines like below and count on the execution order to take care of this?

If Time > 01:30 Then LT1 OFF

If Time > 12:00 Then LT1 ON

3) There's a plug for backup 9V. What's that for? Do I plug another wall wart on UPS to that so the AC3 know' power is off but can still function and send out an alert?

Thanks for the help guys!

1) I read from the manual :eek: that the $,% of # after names denote characters on the display screen. Anyone got a good correlation to what the symbols are and their characters on the screen?

$ = Light (like a sun rising when on think rays) and without the rays when off

% = heaters Up arrow when on, down arrow when off

# = For flow... I forget the symbol(s) that are used here though.

& = Miscelaneous square Solid box when on, box with hole in it when off

2) I want my lights to turn on in the afternoon and off late at night, like after midnight. Do I just reorder the ON/OFF lines like below and count on the execution order to take care of this?

Order is not important, and it's a 24:00 cycle...

So what you have there is the light will be on between Noon at 1:30 AM (13.5 hour light cycle)

3) There's a plug for backup 9V. What's that for? Do I plug another wall wart on UPS to that so the AC3 know' power is off but can still function and send out an alert?

Exatcly (note you need other devices like your router, etc to be on a power supply as well for this to function properly.

Dave

Thanks Dave, just to clarify, you say order for the light command isn't important. If I had this

I would think that it would turn on at noon but then since it's after 1:30AM, it would turn off once it got to that 2nd line. Am I wrong on interpreting how it executes commands in order?

For the wall wart that goes into the AC3 backup port, where do I get it? Should I just go to Radio Shack and find one with the same specs as the first?

Order is not important, and it's a 24:00 cycle...

So what you have there is the light will be on between Noon at 1:30 AM (13.5 hour light cycle)

Exatcly (note you need other devices like your router, etc to be on a power supply as well for this to function properly.

Dave

For the time commands no... At least I'm 90% sure it doesn't matter...

As for the wall wart best bet is to go to radio shack and get one with multiple adapters.

Dave

Dave

Hey guys, can I get more info on this? I seem to have the same problem where I get a message every time my kalk stirrer is turned on/off. In AquaNotes Lite in the Program Editor on the Modem/Misc tab, the "Email alarm name" is set to ALM. I checked it on the console too. Here's my program. Most of this stuff is not enabled yet. Just LT1 LT2, KLK, Temp and pH

If Time > 23:30 Then LT2 OFF

If Time > 14:00 Then LT2 ON

If Temp > 77.0 Then COL ON

If Temp < 76.5 Then COL OFF

If Temp < 76.0 Then HET ON

If Temp > 76.5 Then HET OFF

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF

OSC 001/029 ON/OFF Then PM1 ON

OSC 010/010 ON/OFF Then PM2 OFF

If FeedA 000 Then PM1 OFF

If FeedA 000 Then PM2 OFF

If pH > 08.45 Then CO2 ON

If pH < 08.35 Then CO2 OFF

OSC 001/029 ON/OFF Then KLK ON

If Temp < 77.0 Then ALM ON

If Temp > 85.0 Then ALM ON

If pH > 08.50 Then ALM ON

If pH < 07.80 Then ALM ON

Is your pH probe located near the discharge from your kalk reactor?

I'd try takng these two lines out temporarilly to see if you still get the alarms. If not, the issue is somewhere else.

If pH > 08.50 Then ALM ON

If pH < 07.80 Then ALM ON

Thanks for the idea Bob. Looking at the text of the alarms, the pH is within the range. Also I ALWAYS get a 2nd alert about 1 minute after the first. This leads me to believe it has to do with the OSC command firing off.

In the AC units setup (not aquanotes) there is a alarm on timer XXX part... What is XXX set to?

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, this may be silly but I can't figure it out.

It keeps flashing a power failure on the main display. I have to tried to reset it but it is not doing it. I don't think it's a new power failure message but the same one over and over.

I am not even sure how to check if it is a new one.

I have it monitoring the temp and PH right now, but I am stuck on this. I would like to clear that.

I ran the test mode on the ACIII and it says it is working properly. So what is causing it to say power failure?

Thanks for any help.

Sandy

okay when I go to the web and look at the status of my ACIII it says that the power failed and was not restored? I am not sure what this means or how to get it back on.

It is monitoring the temp and PH, so I am thinking it is referring to the DC8. I don't have anything plugged into that yet.

Sandy

So after 2 hours of staring at this thing, I figured it out. I had the power cord plugged into the battery port.

duh..... I'm good now for a minute, hopefully I won't have any other silly questions.

Sandy