Sample programming for Aqua Controllers?

YBeNormal

Brian and Dave:

I'm in! Thanks again. :cheers:

Can you set the ACIII to turn something on at a certain time and when it is on OSC then have it go off at a certain time? In other words would this work so that when the TOP was ON it would OSC 1/59 during the time it is on?

If Time > 23:00 Then TOP ON

OSC 001/059 TOP ON

If Time > 23:05 Then TOP OFF

I think this should work but want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks

Steve:

Why not just do:

If Time > 23:01 Then TOP OFF ?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you set the ACIII to turn something on at a certain time and when it is on OSC then have it go off at a certain time? In other words would this work so that when the TOP was ON it would OSC 1/59 during the time it is on?

OSC 001/059 TOP ON

If Time > 23:05 Then TOP OFF

I think this should work but want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks

Steve,

Note that the 001/059 TOP ON is MINUTES not fraction of time.... what you have above would NOT work. depending on when the osc started it might never turn on OR it would turn on for only one minute in which case rascals solutions is better.

Dave

My Top off runs my kalk water and I run it at night from about 2300 - 0600. I have it programed the way rascal has it but I have it set to come on for 5 minuets every hour so I have TOP ON TOP OFF over and over again. I was looking for a way to have it come on at 2300 and turn off at 0600 but run only 5 minuets every hour. I put the programing wrong when I asked the question. Here is what I ment....

OSC 005/055 TOP ON

If Time > 0600 Then TOP OFF

Would it work this way?

Edited by SteveM

OSC 005/055 TOP ON

Would it work this way?

Only one way to find out, right?

If that doesn't work what about a max change statement? Something like

Max Change 005 M Then TOP ON

If Time > 06:00 Then TOP OFF

Just brainstorming . . .

If Dave or anyone else on here doesn't know and you don't want to stay up all night watching your Kalk stirrer you could always email Curt at: clp@neptunesys.com.

OSC 005/055 TOP ON

That won't work. TO do a sattement like this you actually need 2 timers:

OSC 005/055 TOP ON

If Time > 23:00 THEN TT1 ON

If Time > 06:00 THEN TT1 OFF

If Timer TT1 = OFF Then TOP OFF

Dave

That won't work. TO do a sattement like this you actually need 2 timers:

OSC 005/055 TOP ON

If Time > 23:00 THEN TT1 ON

If Time > 06:00 THEN TT1 OFF

If Timer TT1 = OFF Then TOP OFF

Dave

Is there something I have to name "TT1" ? Or would the statement you have work as is if I add it to my program?

Thanks for all the help........

I got a second pH probe and I want to use it in conjunction with the first. I know that I can hook it up to the ORP section. How do I rename the ORP to pH2 from the controller? Is the calibration process still the same?

Is there something I have to name "TT1" ? Or would the statement you have work as is if I add it to my program?

Thanks for all the help........

TT1 is a "dummy" timer you need to setup.

Dave

Yes to all of the above (including the part about these things being cool).

You can have the ACIII send a status email by setting any an alarm or any condition that you know is or will be true. To have an email sent every day at noon:

If Time > 12:00 Then ALM ON

If Time < 12:01 Then ALM OFF

I tried this to setup a daily text message at noon and it keeps giving me an error message. I changed the second line of code from < to > and it went through. So it reads:

If Time > 12:01 Then ALM OFF

Makes sense. I just hope it doesn't send dozens of messages between noon and 12:01

I tried testing this by putting in 22:30 and 22:31 and it never sent an email or text message. I have noticed that it sends the text messages if I unplug the unit, but the email and text I get have the incorrect time on them. The time on my aquacontroller shows the correct time though. Any ideas?

Edited by jamesbuf

I set mine to notify me every few hours starting from 9 AM so I can see the status of my tank when I'm not at my desk. It's most likely too much of an overkill, but I like it.

If Time > 09:00 Then ALM ON

If Time > 09:01 Then ALM OFF

If Time > 12:01 Then ALM OFF

If Time > 15:00 Then ALM ON

If Time > 15:01 Then ALM OFF

If Time > 18:00 Then ALM ON

If Time > 18:01 Then ALM OFF

If Time > 21:00 Then ALM ON

If Time > 21:01 Then ALM OFF

OK, this is getting annoying. I keep getting messages all throughout the day. I took off my ALM I had setup for noon and its still doing it. I got 3 throughout the night which kept waking me up. I just connected the AC to the internet on Monday so its been doing it since then. Here is a direct copy of my code from my AC site:

If Time > 10:00 Then VHO ON

If Time > 22:30 Then VHO OFF

If Time > 11:30 Then T5L ON

If Time > 21:00 Then T5L OFF

If Time > 13:00 Then MHL ON

If Time > 20:00 Then MHL OFF

If Temp > 81.5 Then MHL OFF

Max Change 030 M Then MHL OFF

If Temp < 77.3 Then HT2 ON

If Temp > 78.5 Then HT2 OFF

If Temp < 77.4 Then HT1 ON

If Temp > 78.5 Then HT1 OFF

If Temp > 82.0 Then ALM ON

If Temp < 77.0 Then ALM ON

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

If pH > 08.50 Then ALM ON

If pH < 07.80 Then ALM ON

If Time > 00:00 Then MP1 ON

If FeedA 000 Then MP1 OFF

If Time > 00:00 Then HT3 ON

Does anyone see code that will made it send random texts all day long?? They look to be truely random, and not corrolated with lights turning on. Maybe the heater turning off and on is triggering the texts??

Can you give us a screen shot of all the "Status of timers"

Dave

Didn't realize you had replied to this already. It appears that I'm getting a text message every time the lights or heater turn on and off. So needless to say, I'm getting quite a few. I got 5 last night alone. When you setup the ALM, what outlet does everyone have this assigned too??? Does having the ALM setup mean you lose an outlet?

Assign the Alarm to like B1 or A16 (something that is not a true outlet).

You do sacrifice a timer for the alarm.

Dave

I have a DC4HD that is assigned A1-4, then two DC8s which are labeled B1-8 and C1-8. I just changed the ALM from B07 to B09. It didn't show an error so I'm hoping it works.

Dave, I'm confused by what you wrote. You say you CAN assign it to something that is not a true outlet, but that you will still sacrifice a timer. Don't get it.

Here is a screenshot of the status screen:

screenshot.jpg

The ALM status does go from UNK to either OFF or ON at random points throughout the day. What is that about?

Here is a copy of my Timer list:

VHO$-A01

T5L$-A02

MHL$-A03

MP1#-A04

HT1%-B01

HT2%-B02

CO2&-B03

ATO&-B04

CaF&-B05

FAN%-B06

HT3%-B08

ALM%-B09

Here is a copy of my Timer Statements:

If Time > 10:00 Then VHO ON

If Time > 22:30 Then VHO OFF

If Time > 11:30 Then T5L ON

If Time > 21:00 Then T5L OFF

If Time > 13:00 Then MHL ON

If Time > 20:00 Then MHL OFF

If Temp > 81.5 Then MHL OFF

Max Change 030 M Then MHL OFF

If Temp < 77.3 Then HT2 ON

If Temp > 78.5 Then HT2 OFF

If Temp < 77.4 Then HT1 ON

If Temp > 78.5 Then HT1 OFF

If Temp > 82.0 Then ALM ON

If Temp < 77.0 Then ALM ON

If Power 000 Then ALM ON

If pH > 08.50 Then ALM ON

If pH < 07.80 Then ALM ON

If Time > 00:00 Then MP1 ON

If FeedA 000 Then MP1 OFF

If Time > 00:00 Then HT3 ON

Does anyone see code that will make the ACIII send a text every time something turns off or on?? I went through the directions and couldn't find an answer. I even went through the options on the unit inself and didn't see anything that would turn this off.

Edited by jamesbuf

First off give your alm a default status:

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF

Definitly no power failures? Or hicups in the ph when something is turning on/off

Dave

First off give your alm a default status:

If Time > 00:00 Then ALM OFF

Definitly no power failures? Or hicups in the ph when something is turning on/off

Dave

I Just added in the ALM default status. Good call. Hopefully that will be it. Its definitely not power failures, unless I'm having failures 15 or so times a day. The graphs don't show anything askew with the pH. I'm hoping the default will work. I'll keep you updated.

Also, has anyone ever seen their heater status as "UNK" in the status page??

I've only seen "UNK" for plugs that are defined but have nothing plugged into them and yes, the AC sent alarms when this happened.

Could it be that the AC has the plugged turned on but the heater thermostat has the heater turned off? I think the AC would see no draw on the outlet and return an "UNK" status. The heater would later turn on and change the AC plug status to "ON" then back to "UNK" when the heater thermostat shuts the heater off again.

The UNK is whenever there is not a defined status.

Like if you have a gap between heaters on and off that might happen... typically AFTER YOU CHANGE YOUR PROGRAM and apply the program.

What happens is that the state can NOT be determined FROM the DC units, only the AC brain knows the state.

So let's say your temp is 78.5 and the heaters come on at 78 and off at 79. If the brain is reset (a program is updated) is the heater on or off... the brain doesn't know. The DC unit (8 or 4) will maintain the same state it was in (on or off) untill it gets a command to change its status... if it's off temp will decrease if it's on temp will increase until the new command from the brain. Before the brain sends that command status is UNK, once sent the status is know.

Does that make sense?

Dave

I've only seen "UNK" for plugs that are defined but have nothing plugged into them and yes, the AC sent alarms when this happened.

Could it be that the AC has the plugged turned on but the heater thermostat has the heater turned off? I think the AC would see no draw on the outlet and return an "UNK" status. The heater would later turn on and change the AC plug status to "ON" then back to "UNK" when the heater thermostat shuts the heater off again.

Wow. The AC is smart enough to see if the heaters are actually on huh. Didn't even consider that. I have the heaters setup so that the plugs can be on but the heaters off. Hopefully that is it.

edit: Oh.....Dave that makes complete sense. Only time will tell whether the default status has fixed everything. I'll keep you guys updated.

ARG!!!!! I was still getting texts all day long. I'm convinced that its sending the texts as the heaters turn on and off, as well as the lights. How do I stop this?

Can you post the content of the emails (so we can see the params and status of the devices?)

Dave