my kenya tree coral!!

Lizzie

there is something wrong with my kenya tree coral! now its all scrunched up and seems a little darker, it looks very unhappy. i was out for the last for days, but my partner, who was here, says that yesterday it was looked fine & normal, and the only change we did to the tank was scrub the glass with a algae scrubber and adjust the salinity a little.

anyone know what might be wrong with it? & maybe what we can do to fix it?

(ill post up a pic of my kenya tree a little later tonight, if it helps...)

It's part of the normal cycle. If it stays like that for 3 or 4 days, then you can be concerned. Mine always close when I scrape the glass - they don't like the extra things floating in the water.

there is something wrong with my kenya tree coral! now its all scrunched up and seems a little darker, it looks very unhappy. i was out for the last for days, but my partner, who was here, says that yesterday it was looked fine & normal, and the only change we did to the tank was scrub the glass with a algae scrubber and adjust the salinity a little.

anyone know what might be wrong with it? & maybe what we can do to fix it?

(ill post up a pic of my kenya tree a little later tonight, if it helps...)

Yea, mine will do that when the lights go out or if I touch it... kenya tree coral has to be one of the hardiest corals. Don't worry about it...

Edited by tygger

I agree and second the comment about not worrying. If the worst happens and it dies, several of us will be lining up with gallon buckets full of Kenya to replace it!

If it turns black cut off the black parts

Edited by phisigs79

If the worst happens and it dies, several of us will be lining up with gallon buckets full of Kenya to replace it!

awesomeee!! i got my kenya for $19.99 and since this is an internship project and my partner and i are paying from our own pockets, we are kind of on a tight budget so are you guys going to be selling kenya for cheaper than $19.99? possibly?

its always free. Sometimes you cant pay someone to take it

It may shed too. Once every month or so, mine shrivels up and starts "shedding" (ie: fragging itself and propogating all over the rest of the tank! :( ). It ends up half the size it was when it started, and I spend the next two weeks tracking down chunks of it in the tank and tossing it out.

Don't panic, it will recover in three or four days or so. (but do watch for the shed pieces, unless you *want* them all over your tank)

Tracy

It may shed too. Once every month or so, mine shrivels up and starts "shedding" (ie: fragging itself and propogating all over the rest of the tank! :( ). It ends up half the size it was when it started, and I spend the next two weeks tracking down chunks of it in the tank and tossing it out.

Don't panic, it will recover in three or four days or so. (but do watch for the shed pieces, unless you *want* them all over your tank)

Tracy

hahahaha are you serious? eeeeshh then ill watch over it. i only have 2 coral so unless theres enough money in our budget, i might keep them x]

really?! even better ^^

Same with Green Star Polyps, and pulsing xenia. One member here seems to toss out a bucketful of xenia every few weeks. I have TONS of GSP that anyone is welcome to.

bob

(edited)

ok today is day 4 & my kenya is still limp & scrunched up so im getting really worried =\ if you look @ it... its even starting to collect bubbles o0 i know its still alive b/c when i replaced the water today it reacted, so i guess thats good... any ideas...?

oh & btw... a frag came off of it when i added it to the tank & its looking pretty happy so i dont think its the water...

(the 1st pic was from 2 days ago & the 2nd one was from earlier this afternoon; 3rd pic is the frag)

post-2631347-1197061208_thumb.jpg

post-2631347-1197061464_thumb.jpg

post-2631347-1197061719_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lizzie

ok today is day 4 & my kenya is still limp & scrunched up so im getting really worried =\ if you look @ it... its even starting to collect bubbles o0 i know its still alive b/c when i replaced the water today it reacted, so i guess thats good... any ideas...?

oh & btw... a frag came off of it when i added it to the tank & its looking pretty happy so i dont think its the water...

(the 1st pic was from 2 days ago & the 2nd one was from earlier this afternoon; 3rd pic is the frag)

Looks fine. Just acting bashful. I don't see any damaged areas, or rotten spots, or anything like that. It's just not opening up much. They do that sometimes; especially in a new tank.

bob