20lb co2 tanks

jamal

for those who have this size tank on a ca reactor how much does it take to fill it?

Just occurred to me that you could fill them at a paintball place!

bob

My Helium supplier exchanges 20# tanks for me for $25.00 door to door.

He sells 20# full tanks for $125.00 and you then own the tank.

A 20# tank lasts me about 8-9 months @ a 70 bbm rate.

Personally, I found any size less to worthless.

OK, here's another question. How much does a 20# tank weigh empty? I called Robert's Oxygen to see if they could help me out in figuring out if I needed to recharge a tank I bought used or not (my thoughts are that it's nearly empty since it weighs only 24.5#) but when I asked how much it should weigh the guy kept on sarcastically asking me "how much does a 20# tank weigh?" so I decided he was not worth the time and that I'd ask here instead.

What kind of tank is it?

Steel or alumnium?

I'm not sure but I think a more accurate measure is psi

the 20# come in at about 900psi

Dave, as a teacher, can you tell me when the war of 1812 was?

Actually a more accurate measurement is by weight. Full the canister will hold 20# of compressed gas. They never fill them all the way though, you pretty much have to put your tank in the deep freezer overnight and fill the tank while frozen to get it totally filled, also the source gas needs to be sitting in a very hot environment. Back in the days when I used to homebrew the brew shops would actually fill tanks like this and get em good and full, Roberts just hooks it up opens the valve counts the money and your on your way. I have empty tanks at the restaurant I will try and remember to weigh one for you Dave although you should check the canister because sometimes the weight is actually written on there. 900psi is a half filled tank at best Chip.

Odd that CO2 is measured in pounds, and 'air' in a scuba tank is measured in cubic feet. An '80' scuba tank holds 80 cubic feet of air, at ?2300psi? (been a while).

bob