Local acrylic sump maker?

Guest mola-mola

Guest mola-mola

I know of several on-line sites that custom make acrylic tanks/sumps/refugiums but the cost of shipping is exorbitant. Any recommendable local shops in the DC metro area? Am looking for a 55"L x 15"H x 16"D sump/fuge to sit underneath a 220g display. Any help would be most appreciated!

Guest tgallo

]

I know of several on-line sites that custom make acrylic tanks/sumps/refugiums but the cost of shipping is exorbitant. Any recommendable local shops in the DC metro area? Am looking for a 55"L x 15"H x 16"D sump/fuge to sit underneath a 220g display. Any help would be most appreciated!

try dandy7200.click here for his website.

Edited by tgallo

I second Dan's work. The skimmer I got from him is top knotch and I've seen the sumps he makes. Quite impressive. He just made one for ArtC, you can drop him a PM to get feedback from him as well.

Guest mola-mola

Thanks, all. Dan hasn't responded so I assume he's busy with your sump, lanman. How do I get in touch with Jeff NAGA?

One other question, I've done research on UV sterilizers and know the pro's and con's -- at least in theory from what I've read. How about personal experiences? Is it worth it? Is it overkill with a strong skimmer and frequent water change? Can I use it sparingly only in the event of algae blooms? Will killing all the beneficial bacteria and plankton negate its purported benefits?