winter break

Lizzie

Since winter break is coming up and my aquarium is in the school, can i get some suggestions on what i should do with the live stock that i have over the break? I have an empty 30gal fish tank at home right now, should i set that up and being the live stock home with me over the holidays?

btw... our winter break is from 12/22-01/02 so i feel like itll be too long to just leave them in school with no one to watch/take care of them

try to find a time when a winter sport has practice and they will probably let you into the building to take care of business.

Agree - you can probably make some arrangements. As long as you can get in there every 2-3 days, everything should be fine.

bob

If you have been feeding them daily then going away as far as five days, the fishes will be a little thinner (on diet) but they all should survive. I have auto top off and had gone away w/o feeding them without any issues. I would not recommend to go further than that since I have not done it before and wouldn't recommend since it will be resulting in animal cruelty. You can get an automatic feeders and set it up to feed them without worry for the away period. Have someone refill the tank with distilled water to where the normal tank water is at.

KLee

ok hopefully the classroom will be unlocked or my teacher will somehow allow to get a key or something to get in. ooor if not ill see if i can make friends with one of the janitors xp sike x] thaaaaaaankyouu~

It would be good if you can get in to feed and check water levels one or two times durring the break. I strongly suggest you find out if the temp in the school will be lowered durring the break. You may need to add an extra heater.

good luck

It would be good if you can get in to feed and check water levels one or two times durring the break. I strongly suggest you find out if the temp in the school will be lowered durring the break. You may need to add an extra heater.

good luck

goooood pointt ill ask thankyouu~

goooood pointt ill ask thankyouu~

If you know the principal, or can get to know the principal, they have keys to the school and control access. If he/she is going to be in town, I doubt he'd have a problem meeting at the school to let you in a couple of times over the break - especially since it's for your school project. But use this as a last resort, or set it up as a backup plan. Most principals are actually really nice people and are interested in knowing the students but never get the time to do so.