Hello from new member

m3fan8ic

I just wanted to take a minute and say Hi to you all. I finally went ahead and registered here. I've been browsing through all the pages and collecting good information from you guys. Little bit about me..

I live in W.Springfield right off of ffx county parkway (anyone in the same area let me know)

I've got two tanks a 75gl and 37gl which is in-wall systhem. I've in this hobby for about 2-1/2 years and been doing ok. My 75gl tank has been running for about all this time with some ups and down :) my 37gl tank has been setup for about month and half and it's diong good so far.

I wanted to see if there's anyone who will be willing to help me setup a sump and UV for one of my tanks over any weekend? I'll buy pizza or beer? :)

Here are some pics when I was in process of setting up in-wall.

100_0539.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0527.jpg

Welcome to WAMAS - we have several people that live down in your area.

Let's see some pictures of that tank with something alive in it!

bob

Welcome to WAMAS - we have several people that live down in your area.

Let's see some pictures of that tank with something alive in it!

bob

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

here are some pics of my 75gl..this is from a crappy camera...I really need to buy a decent cam.

100_0515.jpg

100_0514.jpg

100_0507.jpg

100_0506.jpg

Welcome! Join WAMAS and come to our Fall meeting and frag fest this Saturday so you can meet the members in person and walk away with a few free frags!

Welcome to the club, and yes come the the meeting on Saturday. You and I (my first meeting too) can hang out and act like we have been members for years! :clap:

Welcome! I echo Bob in saying come to the meeting this Saturday.

A couple of things that I noticed in your pictures of your 75...

Lose the crushed coral. The grains are too large and will trap detritus, which is probably one of the reasons for your ups and downs and it will continue to get worse with it as deep as you have it.

Watch out for the tangs you have combined into that tank. The yellow should be fine, but the Sohal gets very large and will dominate your tank and may even flex it's muscle with you if you're not careful. I am not speaking from experience on this but from what I have read of other peoples' experiences with Sohals.

On the smaller system...

Interesting rockwork. Is it all comprised of rubble? If it is you may want to do something to allow water to flow more freely through it.

Other than that, everything looks good!

finally, another ffx parkway resident. welome :bday:

Welcome to the club!!! Nice system BTW... I'm right off the FFX parrkway also near South Run rd.... hope to meet you one of these days...

:cheers:

Watch out he is a Cowboys fan and he likes to wear mini skirts with his Smith jersey!!!!! :biggrin:

Welcome! Join WAMAS and come to our Fall meeting and frag fest this Saturday so you can meet the members in person and walk away with a few free frags!

I'll try to make it there this Sat. Do I have to become member prior to coming there or can I become a member there by paying the membership $$?

Welcome to the club, and yes come the the meeting on Saturday. You and I (my first meeting too) can hang out and act like we have been members for years! :clap:

That would be great b/c I don't know many people around here except two other guys on this forum. :)

Welcome! I echo Bob in saying come to the meeting this Saturday.

A couple of things that I noticed in your pictures of your 75...

Lose the crushed coral. The grains are too large and will trap detritus, which is probably one of the reasons for your ups and downs and it will continue to get worse with it as deep as you have it.

Watch out for the tangs you have combined into that tank. The yellow should be fine, but the Sohal gets very large and will dominate your tank and may even flex it's muscle with you if you're not careful. I am not speaking from experience on this but from what I have read of other peoples' experiences with Sohals.

On the smaller system...

Interesting rockwork. Is it all comprised of rubble? If it is you may want to do something to allow water to flow more freely through it.

Other than that, everything looks good!

How do you suggest I take the crushed coral/gravel out? there are tons of good becteria that will be lost if I replace it with live sand.

Regarding Sohal tang.. I'll probably either trade him or sell him once he start to show signs of his domination..currently he's about 6" or so and living very healthy..

Regarding 37gl tank..well I'll have to add some base rock and redo the rock work to have more flow like you said. Do you think single 400w MH is too much for this tank?

I appreciate everyone's response and help.

Welcome m3fan8ic. I am the guy with the lights Its good to see you joined up I will have see you around at the meetings and maybe swing past to view your tanks with them up.

I also have to agree there are cowboy fans here and are always looking for ways to get you to join them.Steer clear..............LOL

Agree on the crushed coral. My nitrate dropped dramatically after removing it.

Welcome m3fan8ic. I am the guy with the lights Its good to see you joined up I will have see you around at the meetings and maybe swing past to view your tanks with them up.

I also have to agree there are cowboy fans here and are always looking for ways to get you to join them.Steer clear..............LOL

David, what's up, I did go to fall meeting but had to leave around 3pm :(. Yea hit me up anytime you are in my area t check out the tank.

one question? where/how do people trade/buy frags on this forum besides at meeting?

umm I personally think that I'll have to break the tank down in order for all those crushed coarl to come out. It's just one of those mistakes that I made when first setting up the tank :why: .. I am also afraid of tuching it now since it's been running good and my coarls and fish are happy as ever. :wig: