Cleaning Bulbs....

steveoutlaw

I'm going to be transferring tanks this weekend and want to clean my MH, T5 and VHO bulbs. So, what should I use? Is Windex ok, or should I just use vinegar and water?

I use a rag wetted with tap water and wrung out.

I'm sure coralife makes a super special bottle of bulb cleaner. :biggrin:

If they do, make sure you get the correct bottle for the type bulb you intrend to clean and that you wipe the bulb in the proper direction.

I think they consulted with Albert Theil.

rubbing alcohol primarily for its self-drying properties, otherwise it's no different than water

I've heard that Coralife's bulb cleaning solution is only effective if you buy their Bulb Removal Gloves and Anti-Static Mat for the correct bulb type. Is that true?

-R

If they do, make sure you get the correct bottle for the type bulb you intrend to clean and that you wipe the bulb in the proper direction.

Chip - I think you missed your calling.......you could even give Buddy Hackett a run for his money!! :lol2:

Chip - I think you missed your calling.......you could even give Buddy Hackett a run for his money!! :lol2:

What are you talking about?

The post above yours is much better.

I got a new partner in fun.

Thanks lancer99, I've been topped.

I've heard that Coralife's bulb cleaning solution is only effective if you buy their Bulb Removal Gloves and Anti-Static Mat for the correct bulb type. Is that true?

-R

LMAO

You guys really crack me up. You had me there for a minute -- I actually googled for Albert Theil. Oh, wait. Arrrrggghh.

:-)

What? You're joking? I paid some guy $50 for the Coralife PRO cleaning kit which includes the mat and a anti-static rubber hat! I've been wearing it all year.

note: I passed on the rubberized thong...some florist bid like $100 bucks for it.

What are you talking about?

The post above yours is much better.

I got a new partner in fun.

Thanks lancer99, I've been topped.

both of ya'll make me roll on the floor!!!!!!!!!

Tap water? Surely you jest. Try Aqua Fina - fewer water spots, and the lights will just 'feel' better for using the higher-priced eau.

bob

I would use rubbing alcohol. Being an organic solvent it should work better than water.

David

What? You're joking? I paid some guy $50 for the Coralife PRO cleaning kit which includes the mat and a anti-static rubber hat! I've been wearing it all year.

note: I passed on the rubberized thong...some florist bid like $100 bucks for it.

Hope you got one of the old-style rubber hats, before they got rid of the tinfoil insert...you don't want the aliens reading your thoughts.

I AM that florist...will post a pic of me wearing the thong (only) if anyone would like.

-R