Greetings!

Mr_Lakkum

I would just like to say hi. My name is John and I am a school teacher at Warren County Middle School. I have a 6 month old FOWLR tank in my classroom and I am looking into setting up a reef for my students to learn about. I've noticed the wealth of information here, so I thought I'd join and post. I also joined the WAMAS, but I guess it takes a little while for my profile to be updated. Again, thanks and I look forward to talking to you.

Welcome.

A couple of our members, Davelin and Steveoutlaw, have experience setting up and maintaining tanks for schools. Maybe they'll chime in here or you can PM them for advice, lessons learned.

I really appreciate all the welcoming messages. I have barely started sifting through all the information on the site. I am really excited about learning the craft, and getting my students involved. A fellow member Scott is responsible for helping me find the board so thanks to him.

Welcome! :clap:

(Wow! My first time to welcome someone else! I used to be the newest kid in the club!)

People here are good people. I hope you get to know them as we have!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John, I just reread your first post. I live right down the street from the school. I didnt realize thats where you worked. I have some used powerheads, a heater, and a 12g acrilyc tank that you can have. It never hurts to have backup items. Also, if you would, can you post more info on your tank in the forum. I'd like to know what kind of lighting and filtration you have and what you might need. This would let everyone know what to donate. :clap:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest IridanDC

I would just like to say hi. My name is John and I am a school teacher at Warren County Middle School. I have a 6 month old FOWLR tank in my classroom and I am looking into setting up a reef for my students to learn about. I've noticed the wealth of information here, so I thought I'd join and post. I also joined the WAMAS, but I guess it takes a little while for my profile to be updated. Again, thanks and I look forward to talking to you.

Welcome aboard!

:clap:

Iridan