New tank, work in progress

Guest tgallo

Guest tgallo

The tanks on the stand, now the fun starts with plumbing. 400 gallon tank wich measures 10'long x36''widex 25''high.

More pics to come as work slowly moves forward i hope.400.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to hire an electrician to add a few outlets, those 4 pictured won't run your fans.... :biggrin:

Welcome back to the land of large electric bills

Guest tgallo

You need to hire an electrician to add a few outlets, those 4 pictured won't run your fans.... :biggrin:

Welcome back to the land of large electric bills

Good news, electric is included in my rent.

Those 4 outlets are each dedicated 20amp lines, and my reefkeeper2 will do the rest with the heavy amp modules and strip.

here are the sumps, both measure 60''long, one in the rear picture is the sump, 5'longx24''widex24''high.

shorter one in the foreground is a refuge, 5'longx12''widex12''high wich will sit on the small ledge underneath my stand and be gravity fed from the tank drains and spill into the sump.sump1.jpg.w300h225.jpg

I love watching setups from the begining. The tank looks great.

Guest tgallo

these guys need more room, my 125 with restless fish.125reef.jpg

What is the white liner at the bottom of the stand? Looks nice?

Could you provide some details on it, please?

fab

Guest tgallo

400stand.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Yeah Tony more details on stand design....sheesh.... :biggrin:

The stand, had some help there. Dan was kind enough to spend some time with me one weekend,and help with this beast.

Dan also gave me a great idea with the bottom, we ran a lip around the bottom, almost 2''high.I siliconed around the edges, then applied water proof sealer, now its water tite in case of a spill, wich we all know will happen sooner or later.

Guest tgallo

Thanks Craig, i'm pretty excited on this build and looking forward to its completion.God willing, all will go smooth considering it's size and weight when filled.

Guest tgallo

flow will be 4 tunze 6100's,2 in each corner plus the return from the sump.

Lighting will be 4 luminarc hoods with 400 watt bulbs.

Tank will be barebottom,no sand so far.

Cooling will be with two 1/2hp chillers.

Good news, electric is included in my rent.

Those 4 outlets are each dedicated 20amp lines, and my reefkeeper2 will do the rest with the heavy amp modules and strip.

here are the sumps, both measure 60''long, one in the rear picture is the sump, 5'longx24''widex24''high.

shorter one in the foreground is a refuge, 5'longx12''widex12''high wich will sit on the small ledge underneath my stand and be gravity fed from the tank drains and spill into the sump.sump1.jpg.w300h225.jpg

Great looking set up so far. I am interested in seeing the progression of your tank.

I have a question regarding your sump. Is the 5'longx24''widex24''high a standard size for an AGA aquarium, and, if so, how many gallons does it hold? I have a space in my basement that could accommodate such a tank and was wondering where you bought it. :idea:

Thanks

Guest tgallo

All three tanks are custom, the main tank is made by www.aquariumsforyou.com out of northern new jersey.

The sumps are from www.glasscages.com

All three tanks are custom, the main tank is made by www.aquariumsforyou.com out of northern new jersey.

The sumps are from www.glasscages.com

Thanks for the information. Glasscapes tanks are reasonably priced.

What does this mean?

we ran a lip around the bottom, almost 2''high.

What material did you use for the bottom under the stand?

How did you make the 'lip'? ... out of what?

thanks,

fab

flow will be 4 tunze 6100's,2 in each corner plus the return from the sump.

Drilled for closed loop? You not using? Chillers on return?

Guest tgallo

Fab, the lip is made out of wood, it just extends 2'' above the bottom flooring on the stand.

Doug, closed loop will be for chillers and other holes for drains to sump and returns from sump.

electric is included in my rent.

You got to LOVE when it says UTILITIES INCLUDED!!

My new LANDLORD is looking at me crossed eyed right now when he saw my tank all setup!

-Their only 39w T5 Bulbs, nothing more than regular housebulbs....."WILL SEE WHEN I GET THE LIGHT BILL!!

:wink:

Guest tgallo

built the frame for the lighting today, it's made out of commercial grade drop cieling grid and works great.

I will be using 4 luminarcs three for reflectors. I plan on attaching the frame to the ceiling by wire so i can adjust the height of the hood.The wood blocks are temporary, just to get a feel for the height. hood5.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Guest tgallo

Nice! Are you going to mount the rack on sliding rails so you can pull it out for maintenance?

I would love to mount it on rails but i live in a apartment, i think i have taken it to the extreme so far with such a large tank :) , not sure if i want to mess with the ceiling with rails, one day the landlord will stop by and take a look :drink: .

My motto, you only live once, whata the heck :cheers: .