Reef Encounters of the Unknown Kind

Almon

I just recently noticed a new creature on the reef.

It's colorful, has weird wormlike tubes and holes, is very small ~1 cm, moves at sub-snail speed, and is apparently grazing on red algae. It may have a head and tail because it is traveling in a south-east direction.

What is this?

tn_gallery_1479_196_107141.jpg tn_gallery_1479_196_161059.jpg

Looks like a small snail covered with vermetids. My little columbellids often end up looking like that.

Looks like a small snail covered with vermetids. My little columbellids often end up looking like that.

That was my thought as well. Only way to be sure is to grab it and take a closer look.

that has to be the strangest thing I have seen in someones tank... dude that thing is cool looking, I mean it looks like he has cheetos on his back!!! :biggrin: I know I'm a dork. :drink:

That is a beastly little snail you have there, I might just have to come over and take a look, you're so close and I've still never seen the setup

I just recently noticed a new creature on the reef.

It's colorful, has weird wormlike tubes and holes, is very small ~1 cm, moves at sub-snail speed, and is apparently grazing on red algae. It may have a head and tail because it is traveling in a south-east direction.

What is this?

tn_gallery_1479_196_107141.jpg tn_gallery_1479_196_161059.jpg

Decorator snail? hahahahaha.... I like it, whatever it is! I now have a hermit with a blue mushroom growing on its back.

bob

Snail.......ok.......It decided to move to the glass and now I got a picture of the underside.

tn_gallery_1479_196_144115.jpg

That looks like a snail.

Snail.......ok.......It decided to move to the glass and now I got a picture of the underside.

tn_gallery_1479_196_144115.jpg

That looks like a snail.

Ah, yes - the old purple-footed decorator snail :)

I still think he's cute!

bob