New here!

Hey, so I thought I'd introduce myself:

I'm Christina and, as you can probably tell by my status as an egg (and by the topic title...) I'm very new here. After tagging along with a certain 'filter freak' (haha) on a few tank related trips, I got interested myself and decided that I wanted to start my own tank. Nothing too big or more than I can handle, just a few fish and some simple corals are pretty much what I'm interested in starting off with right now--like I said, I'm completely new to everything here! So if anyone has any advice or recommendations on anything it would be very much appreciated. :biggrin:

Thanks so much

Christina

:fish:

welcome53.gif

Hi Christina, nice to have you here. Tell filter boy that next time you guys are in my area to call me so you guys can stop by. I'll hook you up with a couple of free frags to get you going.

Raf

Welcome,

If you follow in the "freaks" posting shoes, you will be out of the egg status to "master reefer" in about 2 weeks! JK, he's a good "egg". Ha! Im very punny today.

Advice? go slow and ask plenty of questions. We are all here to help. Hope to see you on the 23rd!

Nothing too big or more than I can handle, just a few fish and some simple corals are pretty much what I'm interested in starting off with right now
that's exactly what I said a year or so ago :eek: .. now I'm running a 90g tank w/sps, lps, softies, and a clam

anyways, Welcome to WAMAS! :biggrin:

Welcome again to both of you! :clap:

Welcome, Marylanders! I'm a bit of a drive for a few free frags, but if you ever just HAPPEN to be out in the wilderness of Manassas, let me know.

bob

Welcome to both Christina and Sara.

Good place for info and meeting some local reefers that will answer your questions.

Regards,

Guest Bemmer

I think I speak for all the ladies on the boards...yes we are out here...WELCOME TO WAMAS. You will learn a lot from this group. I would also suggest you get started with a library of reference books. One of my favorites is The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner. I read it cover to cover. Any of the Julian Sprung books are really good. Also, he has "Note" books that are very good reference guides as well.

Best of luck, ladies.

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone :biggrin:

This just makes me even more excited to start on my tank!

Thanks again

Christina

:bluefish:

welcome! im in columbia too if you want you can come by and check out my setup some time.