New Members 1000 gallon reef tank display

NAGA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One simple question...is he single? :biggrin:

Tracy

so now they all know you're looking......

One simple question...is he single? :biggrin:

Tracy

If you want him to be single, make him single!

That is, if getting that tank didn't make him single already...

LOL Sure! Any single handsome doctors with 1000 gallon fish tanks are more than welcome to give me a call. :lol2:

T

LOL Sure! Any single handsome doctors with 1000 gallon fish tanks are more than welcome to give me a call. :lol2:

T

better yet, a guy with a doctorate in marine biology

Wonder if they'll stay happy after the price tag for that Bubbleking is revealed :eek:

Although in the grand scheme of things i suppose it's just a drop in the aquarium

Awesome Setup, please keep us in the CL

:biggrin:

Edited by mutley29

You know it's funny you mention the kids liking the tank.........................well my perception is that the kids 12 & 14 boys could care less.

In fact, they play their gamecube right next to the tank and never ask me any question let alone look at whats going on.

I'm mounting some more rocks today and I am hoping to turn it on tomorrow.

You know it's funny you mention the kids liking the tank.........................well my perception is that the kids 12 & 14 boys could care less.

In fact, they play their gamecube right next to the tank and never ask me any question let alone look at whats going on.

I'm mounting some more rocks today and I am hoping to turn it on tomorrow.

That might all change when there's some real activity in there; anemones, corals, fish, crabs, etc. But might not, too.

bob

Well now, if you don't put yourself out there how's anyone going to know! WTG Tracy! At least anyone you find here will have ONE thing in common with you right from the get-go. So far from your posts I'd say you are 'Attractive, young, effervescent, energetic, intelligent, reef-friendly female ISO attractive (eye of the beholder), TBD, TBD, regularly employed, saltwater aquarium owner to build reefs, friendship, and perchance something more substantial!'

(Do we need an ISO thread? FOWLR seeks Reefer; objective: calm, clear waters. Young reefer seeks master fragger; objective: a tank full of fraglings.)

bob

(Do we need an ISO thread? FOWLR seeks Reefer; objective: calm, clear waters. Young reefer seeks master fragger; objective: a tank full of fraglings.)

bob

Oh Bob, you are too funny! *Young*? Not so much. LOL Although one young guy trying to hit on me in the bar last night thought I was 27. He needed glasses! :biggrin:

NAGA, be sure to take some pics of that rockwork. I can't be the only one who is really eager to see it!!!

Tracy

Here is some rock work in progress and with a 8'x4'x4' space a lot can be done. The gentleman you see in the pictures is a fellow member (pco1988) and he has been working with me on some of these larger projects.

What we did was bond some acrylic shelving onto various parts of the walls and used some large Tonga slab to cover them. In addition we are building on top of those shelves and creating various structures to add character and depth. When we get done putting putty with these struckures you will not be able to see the acrylic shelves. We are also using this idea to cover up as much the plumbing and Tunzes as possible.

We also built an acrylic box that sits in the front right that you see in the pictures. That bed is 6+ inches deep with various sized agrogate. We did this area so that we could reasonable controll where gobies and pistol shrimp would burrow and make their little domain. Again being 4ft. tall it is reasonable to put a Blue spot Jawfish or two up front here without them being able to jump out with any real ease. The rest of the tank will be sand with about 1-2". This box will have liverock bonded onto it so that it won't be seen.

The main thing we are trying to do is to build a gorge/valley type pathway diagnally from the back right to the front left. In the pictures it's hard to see that because of how early on I took these pictures.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

Edited by NAGA

Oh Bob, you are too funny! *Young*? Not so much. LOL Although one young guy trying to hit on me in the bar last night thought I was 27. He needed glasses! :biggrin:

NAGA, be sure to take some pics of that rockwork. I can't be the only one who is really eager to see it!!!

Tracy

Yeah... like I said - YOUNG!. (Nobody told you how old I am). To me - you're young, even if you're only 27 through beer goggles!

*Old dude*

bob

Wow... of course THAT particular rock isn't going to be very 'alive' when you start the tank up. I assume you will add a few hundred pounds of live rock to get it cooking? Wonder how long it's going to take to cycle.

You need to borrow the WAMAS resident mermaid for a mermaid shot once the water is in and clear, but before you put any animal life in there. :)

bob

This is really impressive. Is this in the guy's house or in a commercial setting?

How much will this set-up have cost by the time it's finished? (Sorry, is that an impolite question?)

How much will this set-up have cost by the time it's finished?

I think this is one of those times where the answer is, "If you have to ask how much it costs--you can't afford it!" ;)

This is really impressive. Is this in the guy's house or in a commercial setting?

How much will this set-up have cost by the time it's finished? (Sorry, is that an impolite question?)

I did a rough calculation in my head - JUST on the cost of the materials, and it's around $20,000. Of course, I used 1,000 pounds of quality live rock at about $8/pound for a starting point.

bob