just ordered 2 of these

Guest Leishman

Guest Leishman

I just ordered 2 of these from HERE

EDITED FOR CORRECT LINK!

I've been looking all over for these things to tidy up the sump area (just plug all the equip in the back).  Thought some others may be interested also.

801020.jpg

PC-100A 8-Switch ON/OFF Power Center

Product #801020

$29.99 each

Guest clownfish4

Thanks Leishman, I have also been looking for these for some time now.

P.S. - Are you sure that's the right link?  If so, where is the product located?

Hey guys, I've got a better source for these. Let me dig up the link. There are a few cheaper models too. I have a few extra around here also - still in the box from an overly ambitious project.  I highly recommend them.

Leishman:

At some point I would like to compare that PC-100A model with two other models I have. Always trying to find optimal plug spacing and everything.

Steve

Rik,

Did you happen to read their feedback on these?

Steve,

I would be interested in what you might have also? I getting ready to setup my future sump room and as I mentioned to you at the house, to run about 1/2 dozen timers set on angles to accomandate the plug-ins, but would be nice to see an alternative to using powerstrips mounted on the walls.

Howard

One other thing, Can you hotwire the timers in between power and these boards to work with the switches?

Wow, crazy interest in these things.

Here's my source:

http://www.progearwarehouse.com/

They sell three or four units each week on Ebay. Most Auctions end for $26.99 with free shipping.

Here is a cheaper model:

http://www.progearwarehouse.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.133/it.A/id.423/.f

And a slightly cheaper model:

http://www.progearwarehouse.com/s.nl/category.1/it.A/id.77/.f

I spoke on the phone with the progear guys in the past and I would be happy to coordinate an order for these things. I must say though that the PC100A for 26.99 shipped is better than I can try to get.....trust me I tried. The other models though seem pretty much the same although maybe someone a little more electrically savy than I can compare them.  The plugs are a little too close for most timers to be direectly on the unit without covering up the next slot.  GE Appliance timers (PM613US) are nice because you can fid them on every one one and still use the plug inbetween since they are offset.

I actually prefer the cheapest model because of plus direction and switch size..

Let's see where this thread goes and we can maybe work something out.

Steve

OK looks like a bunch of wamasers are about to whip up some collective bargaining again!  Man I love seeing this happen.  Anyhow, I would definately be interested in one- if we can pool it up for pickup at the meeting.  Second- GET them to GIVE us one for the raffle!  One of the "official" representatives would be happy to contact them if they want assurance we are on the legit.  Can reference our website, meeting homepage info, and this thread.

On a seperate note- how much juice and these safely run?  Would you run this through a surge protector or directly to the wall?  One prob I am having is with all the AC/DC adapters- I take it they won't fit in the back?

Steve, those ones you pointed out are much cheaper!  Anyone know what the difference in them is that makes the more expensive one a better choice?

I would like two of them if they can be wired into a timer- anyway to get these along with the appropriate timer. Run one board for daylight and one board for the sump area to run off cycle.

Guest Leishman

They arrived today and look like they will do the job just fine. Packaging was crappy at best, but no visable damage.

Rik

• 5 months later...
Guest mightymouse

i see alot of people asking how to wire timers this is jus a thought but the ends for plugs can be bought and so can lengths of wire so people can make their own mini extension chord if you will so it will only take one plug space and the ones right next to it can be used just a thought for u guys

Guest alex wlazlak

BADNEWS!!!! i tried to shorten and extension chord and i must have turned the wires the wrong way, and bam. the breaker (?) turned off, so i went and turned it back on and it was fine, and no short entension chords for me anymore! and this one time i got same saltwater in the wer strip and the breaker (?) blew again, so i kept it pluged in, not knowing that was the problem, and redid the breaker, i think i must have done it 3 or 4 times before i realized what it was :blink:

i see alot of people asking how to wire timers this is jus a thought but the ends for plugs can be bought and so can lengths of wire so people can make their own mini extension chord if you will so it will only take one plug space and the ones right next to it can be used just a thought for u guys

37340[/snapback]

my thought exactly! 'cept it will plug right into my GFI. then i will have the return pump at my finger tips to i can kill it for feeding.

Guest alex wlazlak

true. i lable my plugs so i know whats what. when we add on to the house id like to ask the electrical guy to put in some gfci things in the room where the tanks gonna go. i like how the tank in the link below is, like how the roof is lowered a little... i like how the tanks fit right in woth the suroundings and stuff.. like the place was made for a tank.

post-572-1124754541_thumb.jpg

Edited by alex wlazlak

Alex,

Of course you can have a builder do a lot of things... but I think that tank is probably in a basement. The dropped section is probably that way because there is air conditioning duct work (return and/or feeder) under the hump. Standard architecture for alot of finished basements as there is no magic way to hide the duct work other than to cover it with drywall.

Guest alex wlazlak

yeah i know about that stuff, i kinda run into it while skating in my basement <_< . i was also looking around in all the pictures, and he upgraded to a 240 and put it in that same place, it looks good too.