Lengsy Purple rim cap

Guest va_reefman

Guest va_reefman

For those of you that got the green with purple rim capricornis from me in the past, please check out the link below on RC for the ID.  Sanjay has verified that it is the original Lengsy cap which I got a frag from him back in late 90s.

Enjoy the coral...:)

http://reefcentral.com/forums....3935294

HTH,

John

That's pretty cool John.  Unfortunately I lost my large colony of it over the past year during my tank trials and tribulations.  Anyone want to give me a frag of it back?  FWIW, I did manage to get it into borneman's hands when he was here last spring to speak to CMAS.  I'm sure he will get it to the coral farm eventually after it has grown out a lot.

I got some real similar from Iceman back in like 2002.  Hopefully he will post here that he got his from one of the sources that dates back to this line.

Michael, I have a frag if you need it.

Craig, I would love some back.  

Next time we meet up, which I'm sure wont be too long.  Do you want some of the pulsing sinularia for the 120?  Oh yeah- speaking of frags, my anenome finally split!!!

Think i got a frag of that from you John

It's doing really well, don't have a pics at the moment but will take some when i get back from the UK, it's bloody wet and cold here, another reason i love the US.

Have a great Christmas everyone and a happy new year

Anton [nana]  ]]]thx

The colony I have started out as a frag from Iceman who got it from Nemo who got it from Sanjay.

I have put frags of this in the raffle numerous times, traded with other WAMAS members and sold some frags to WAMAS members.  I would suspect it is spread through the club pretty well.

Having said that I have a pretty large colony, if anyone wants frags let me know.  I am not sure how much they are selling them for on the west coast but I dont think I have ever charged a WAMAS member more that $10 or $15 for a frag of anything.

The colony I have started out as a frag from Iceman who got it from Nemo who got it from Sanjay.

I have put frags of this in the raffle numerous times, traded with other WAMAS members and sold some frags to WAMAS members.  I would suspect it is spread through the club pretty well.

Having said that I have a pretty large colony, if anyone wants frags let me know.  I am not sure how much they are selling them for on the west coast but I dont think I have ever charged a WAMAS member more that $10 or $15 for a frag of anything.

I traded you for a frag of the cap at meeting about a year back or so in md.  It is doing great.

Yes, there is more than one green with purple rim in the area.  I only ever had the one, so anyone who got it from me has the lengsy.  would be great if we had a head count as to how many tanks we have it in now to put into that thread.

Well I only have one so whoever got frags of mine got what originally came from Sanjay.

People also must remember that lighting and flow have a significant effect on color intensity and growth pattern.  Having said that it is my experience that the purple rim cap in question holds its color very well under a variety of lighting.

Craig

It looks like the one I have under  3x 250W MH has a pink/purple rim instead of the deep purple as shown on the picture above.  Perhaps the one I got from COWRIE is not Sanjay, only COWRIE can tell if it is a frag of Sanjay or not, but most likely not.

You mentioned you gto some from ICEMAN,, if you have a little frag left over will you call me?  LMK

Jacob