Help ID please

GaryL

How big is it?  might be what you hope it isn't- a majano anenome.  If it is, I'd nuke that baby immediately.  Does not look like aptasia.  Might be a corallimorph though?  Almost looks like a baby riccordia.

bsg

GEEZ Gary!

Stop what ever your doing and see a doctor about it ASAP!

:)

man, if it's that small, I'd say its too soon to call.  Definately keep your eye on it.  If it is a majano, it should get bigger before it starts reproducing.  Might be a keeper.

i have getting alot of life off this rock i got from reefotto. so many worms and pods too. in a way i cant wait to see what it is, but im dreading the majano curse. it seems like the mouth is taller than the whiter spots or tentacles. i have a few about all the same size.

• 6 months later...

this anemone is actually a corallimorph as i found it in julian sprungs book. the name is corynactis. i have a ton of em. but they dont seem to affect the corals or others in the tank.

better pic

46DSCN0377-med.jpg

They look great! One man's weed is another man's flower I guess.

I have two mojano that I thought were a treasure on a peice or LR. A little over a year ago I had bought an existing setup, and added a few pieces of LR.

I actually bought a piece of rock because one was on it. Leesburge Pets thought it was a rare dwarf species...go figure.

Anyway, they've been around almost a year, and split occasionally. I haven't tossed them yet, but maybe this weekend.

FF

I did the same thing in my Nano cube where I could control it, I thought. watched just to see what it would do- Well pretty soon they were a couple of them and they released thier hold for new territory. and I was finding them nestling into my GPS and zoos - And are they determined little B's I try to manually remove then when ever I see them now, ususally takes several tries at scratchingthem out- I thought vinegar might work but they come back out and says wheres lunch and dinner- Did not even have total success on the first try with Joes juice- I definitely wouldn't take a chance in a large system -- too many places to hide and too tough to kill- Aptasia is a piece of cake compared to these guys. ON yours Gary I would jsut watch it for now- the polyps look a bit too buble like and might be a ricordia- or bumby mushroom- but if it picks up and moves I would put out a contract on his darling little life.

mine do not look as spectacular as that last pic. i borrowed that pick from another sitefor clarity. sorry for the confusion. in my tank they are wide spread and to small for it to harm other things. you really have to look for them in there

Does anyone have a syringe that I could use.

Mike favorite Majano's and Aiptasia are doing their best to take hold in my office 10g tank. Last week I had 1 of each. Today about a dozen Majano and going strong?

I guess I'll use vinegar for starts?

Howard

Does anyone have a syringe that I could use.

Ditto! I'm desperately searching for a small syringe to support my heroin... uh, no that's not it. So I hear that you can get syringes for this purpose from a vetinary supply store. Howard -- if you find a place to get one, pick me up a couple too, would you?

You can get syringes from CVS or Rite Aid, thats where my wife got mine, Just don't go in and ask for one after a rough night, looking like S**T, or they won't sell you one.

They work wonders, i've tried boiling kalk water to zap a few aiptasia in my tank to no avail, will try the lemon juice next, and getting used to the refraction too

HTH

Anton

Guest alex wlazlak

haha, that'd be funny, going in and asking for a syring with messed up hair and stuff...haha

Southern States or the Tractor Supply store carry them.

Ditto!  I'm desperately searching for a small syringe to support my heroin... uh, no that's not it.  So I hear that you can get syringes for this purpose from a vetinary supply store.  Howard -- if you find a place to get one, pick me up a couple too, would you?

32859[/snapback]

You can get syringes from CVS or Rite Aid, thats where my wife got mine, Just don't go in and ask for one after a rough night, looking like S**T, or they won't sell you one.

REALLY. I thought you'd need a prescription. I wonder if it depends on the pharmacy.

They work wonders, i've tried boiling kalk water to zap a few aiptasia in my tank to no avail, will try the lemon juice next, and getting used to the refraction too

boiling? What about the "bottom of the barrel" kalk? ... the chunky bits, provided you can get some into the cylinder.

Guys, my sister is a vet and I have loads of syringes and various needles. I will bring them to the social at TRT on Fri.

cool Dartco- I have the very small 21 ga needles- but that is what I am talking about is big ole 14 ga horse needles- I would be in for one or two if you have them- See you Friday- Anything anyone needs me to bring? Sand, chaeto, beer?

As luck would have it, she is an equine vet, so I have 16 - 24''s. Could get larger possibly this weekend when I see her, but not by Fri. Was free, but now that you bring it up, will trade for a small sand innoculation, or if you are trimming the cheato?

Guys, my sister is a vet and I have loads of syringes and various needles. I will bring them to the social at TRT on Fri.

Ah! Well I guess that makes up my mind as to whether or not I'm going to the social at TRT on Friday. Hey; you guys who signed up for free Xenia (you know who you are) -- you going to be there? PM me if so.

sign me up for two "small" needles. Not much I can offer ah... small colony of button polyps (they make your arm tingle if you squeeze them!) or ah... little mushrooms?