BRK

Caribbean Jake

I hate words...... :why:

:cheers:

carry on....

This isnt a BRK plug thread, but thanks!!! It is just every so important to support the people that help you, again not only in LFS but among the club memebers. I think it is great to see when someone has lost power 10 people offer help, that is what is all about. When it comes to LFS, give back to the stores that donate, run specials, help when in trouble, and flat out take care of you. It is a big circle of love....... :biggrin: :bounce:

this has been my experience with BRK throughout 2005 and 2006

I went to a store in the Herndon area at 7:15 PM on a Sunday evening, I saw employees inside and no one came to the door even after insisting and knocking on the door for 15 minutes. and it wasn;t because they don't know me.. they all know me by name.. they know who I am. So I went on line and posted my problem with the pump, and BRK responded.

when the sump pump on the 125 broke at 7PM on a Sunday night, BRK offered to open the store to lend me a MAG 7 or sell me a MAG 9.

when the power head on the 55G died on a WED afternoon, BRK offered to get me a replacement even if they were closed

when the capacitor on the main ballasts blu up, BRK offered to get me a replacement overnight.

now that is SERVICE in capital letters.. that is why BRK has my respect, loyalty, and support.. this does not mean that I do not visit other stores, because I do, and often find prices lower here and there, but when is time to purchase... I always have a trusty first choice.

Thank you Johnny for what you have done for WAMAS as well as for me.

Here Here, this is one of the many reason John and the folks at BRK kick butt. They are great and will do anything within reason to help folks.

John

I went to a store in the Herndon area at 7:15 PM on a Saturday evening, I saw employees inside and no one came to the door even after insisting and knocking on the door for 15 minutes. and it wasn;t because they don't know me.. they all know me by name.. they know who I am. So I went on line and posted my problem with the pump, and BRK responded.

when the sump pump on the 125 broke at 7PM on a Sunday night, BRK offered to open the store to lend me a MAG 7 or sell me a MAG 9.

when the power head on the 55G died on a WED afternoon, BRK offered to get me a replacement even if they were closed

when the capacitor on the main ballasts blu up, BRK offered to get me a replacement overnight.

now that is SERVICE in capital letters.. that is why BRK has my respect, loyalty, and support.. this does not mean that I do not visit other stores, because I do, and often find prices lower here and there, but when is time to purchase... I always have a trusty first choice.

I think that is awesome that BRK did that. Not many establishments will open when they are closed to help a customer, in my opinion that doesn't make them a bad store.

Sandy

Guest Arlo

I went to a store in the Herndon area at 7:15 PM on a Sunday evening, I saw employees inside and no one came to the door even after insisting and knocking on the door for 15 minutes. and it wasn;t because they don't know me.. they all know me by name.. they know who I am. So I went on line and posted my problem with the pump, and BRK responded.

Marine Scene?

When does that new shipment of maximas come in?

its been pushed back a bit due to lack of space!!! I am slashing prices on many corals this week, I need to move them to make room!

I did just get 3 ORA squamossas with teal rims in today.

john

Edited by johnnybv

How recent was that?

3 weeks ago, and very few have sold....

Thanks Jake!!! We are here to help, and remember we are not only a business, but also hobbiests!

John

Guest Arlo

ssshhhhh !!!

no names :biggrin:

Ahem, PId really like to know how recently you encounterd the problem with the store in the "Herndon Area".

Ahem, PId really like to know how recently you encounterd the problem with the store in the "Herndon Area".

this was last year.... can't rmember the exact date. I can look in my records when I get home.

why are you so interested in that information?

Because...I figured it was a bash Marine Scene and Praise BRK thread....like many other posts on this board....

This forum does not exist to 'bash' any vendors. Posting negative experiences as well as positive are useful to the membership as a whole. Yes, some threads have gone on longer than they should have. Some have been closed. Closing a thread then starts its own mini flurry of PM's and gripes about the moderators being heavy handed. It is a no win situation (from my perspective cause no matter what I do someone will gripe) any way you slice it.

This forum exists to provide information, good and bad, about local and online vendors. As long as posts relate to transactions with the businesses they are appropriate for this forum. Posting negative experiences or poor husbandry practices is not bashing, as long as it is based in fact. I have been following several of the recent threads in this forum and like I said before perhaps some were carried on longer than necessary. However, I did not see behavior that I would consider 'bashing' since the comments were directly related to the conditions of the store, the actions of the employees, or other actual events. If you see a thread that you feel is inappropriate please feel free to use the report this thread button. While I do try to skim most posts, I don't read them all.

Thanks,

Craig

:lol:

you should have got some Quick or Hershey while you are at it.

:bounce:

I like hot chocolate, Jake!

Who drinks milk @ 2 am anyways thats beer time! :biggrin:

I am confused, if he was not "bashing" the Herndon store for not reopening after they had been closed, then what was he doing?

talking about an experience !

and no, it does not make them a bad store, they close at 7PM, I showed up at 7:10 or 7:15... they are closed and that it is. CLOSED. The rest is history.

This forum does not exist to 'bash' any vendors. Posting negative experiences as well as positive are useful to the membership as a whole. Yes, some threads have gone on longer than they should have. Some have been closed. Closing a thread then starts its own mini flurry of PM's and gripes about the moderators being heavy handed. It is a no win situation (from my perspective cause no matter what I do someone will gripe) any way you slice it.

This forum exists to provide information, good and bad, about local and online vendors. As long as posts relate to transactions with the businesses they are appropriate for this forum. Posting negative experiences or poor husbandry practices is not bashing, as long as it is based in fact. I have been following several of the recent threads in this forum and like I said before perhaps some were carried on longer than necessary. However, I did not see behavior that I would consider 'bashing' since the comments were directly related to the conditions of the store, the actions of the employees, or other actual events. If you see a thread that you feel is inappropriate please feel free to use the report this thread button. While I do try to skim most posts, I don't read them all.

Thanks,

Craig

Keep in mind that running a marine store is not an easy endeavor. Correct me if I'm wrong - but I think you would have to sell one heck of a lot of fish to make a house payment in Northern Virginia. If you're selling widgets, and you decide to take a vacation - you close the store, head for Key West, and when you get back the widgets are still sitting there waiting to be sold. If you're selling fish and coral, you don't GET a day off. Someone has to feed and watch over your 'widgets'. You can't hire a 16-year-old kid that's walking by and expect him to learn your business in a week, either. Look at the stock level in MS or BRK, think of the amount of time you spend with your own tanks, and add in keeping/selling $100,000 worth of tanks, rock, sand, fish, corals, and accessories. And surprisingly enough - employees want a day or two off every week. Employees get sick, employee's have emergencies. But those fish - they still want to be fed. My hat's off to all of these places. BRK gets big kudos for going way beyond, but I wouldn't bash anyone else for wanting to finish feeding their fish and get home to their families when closing time comes.

bob

Keep in mind that running a marine store is not an easy endeavor. Correct me if I'm wrong - but I think you would have to sell one heck of a lot of fish to make a house payment in Northern Virginia. If you're selling widgets, and you decide to take a vacation - you close the store, head for Key West, and when you get back the widgets are still sitting there waiting to be sold. If you're selling fish and coral, you don't GET a day off. Someone has to feed and watch over your 'widgets'. You can't hire a 16-year-old kid that's walking by and expect him to learn your business in a week, either. Look at the stock level in MS or BRK, think of the amount of time you spend with your own tanks, and add in keeping/selling $100,000 worth of tanks, rock, sand, fish, corals, and accessories. And surprisingly enough - employees want a day or two off every week. Employees get sick, employee's have emergencies. But those fish - they still want to be fed. My hat's off to all of these places. BRK gets big kudos for going way beyond, but I wouldn't bash anyone else for wanting to finish feeding their fish and get home to their families when closing time comes.

bob

one more thing. The sump pump I was about to buy costs $119.00 (Mag 9). perhaps short change at 10 minutes after store closing... perhaps. A transaction that could have taken no more than 5 minutes to buy, collect money, and run. It is not a cricis for anyone except the owner of the tank since the supm pump moves all the water thru the tank back into the skimmer, through the refugium and back into the tank. No Biggie for anyone except the creatures living in the tank. Could they have waited 12 or 14 hours until next business day? perhaps, but they could have been in jeopardy.. $$$$$$ in jeopardy. But that is of no concern to businesses.. only to the owner of the tank. So I posted on WAMAS and few members offered a lowner for the time been, while one owner of LFS offered a new pump if I was willing to drive out to his place and pick it up at 8PM or so at night. That is the difference ! again, not bashing just my experience.

P.S.

there are four stores in Herndon area that sell marine equipment. If I was to bash, I would have mentioned the one I went too.. right?, but I did not... therefore bashing the XXX store is out of the question.

I am confused, if he was not "bashing" the Herndon store for not reopening after they had been closed, then what was he doing?

He was illustrating the difference between indifference and superior customer service.

Bashing would be posting something like: Store XYZ sucks. I hate them. (Notice the comment is strictly opinion with no supporting information, that is bashing.)

How recent was that?

Arlo

There are four (4) stores in the Herndon Area that sell marine equipment. I did not mentioned which so as not to bash the store.

The Sump Pump incident happened on 1/22/06. The others happened between May and Sep 06