BRK

Caribbean Jake

Rules are rules. If closing time is one of those rules it must be followed strictly. Open up that widow of exceptions and the store owner will have a lot more issues than the loss of one customer. To reiterate I believe this thread is about one store following procedure dictated by the owner and one store owner going above and beyond the call of duty.

I know that Johnny and Byron will assist during off hours whenever they can. There have been numerous posts on the forum about them doing just that and we all appreciate them going the extra mile for us. I ran into a situation a few months ago where I desperately needed something late in the evening after all stores had closed and I happened to notice that Greg was in the Cozy Clownfish doing tank maintenance (he's the owner). Like Johnny and Byron, he opened the door and took care of me even though the store had been closed for more than a half hour.

Stores like these are an exception and this extra effort is not something that we should demand or expect of them. If they choose to keep the door locked after closing time and to ignore someone standing outside with a sick fish or a broken widget, and I doubt seriously that either one of these stores would do that, it is their right and it is not something that should be held against them IMHO. That said, I will go out of my way to support these stores over others that are less, shall we say, accommodating.

Guest Arlo

Arlo

There are four (4) stores in the Herndon Area that sell marine equipment. I did not mentioned which so as not to bash the store.

The Sump Pump incident happened on 1/22/06. The others happened between May and Sep 06

The Marine Scene closes at 5 pm on Sunday..... You were there after 7pm. More than 2 hours after they were closed.... Why would you post something over a year after you had the experience... Hmmm Bitter?

Try having over 1500 active customers, like 1 of the 4 stores in Herndon... If you can accomindate every customer at any given hour on any given day then you are worth mentioning....

I am grateful that a local store in the "Mannasas Area" decided to help you after hours. Yes, that was nice of him/she /it and I am glad that you aquarium did not suffer..

BTW....Marine Scene Rocks, So does Rozeens, so Does BRK (Especially Bryon's Shelf... DArF) and Fins and Feathers (Nicest corals in the area...hands down!!!)Even though a bobble headed midget says they have red bug.... FOLKS NO RED BUG!!! Fear the Midget!!!

talking about an experience !

and no, it does not make them a bad store, they close at 7PM, I showed up at 7:10 or 7:15... they are closed and that it is. CLOSED. The rest is history.

5 pm there....skippy...

Rules are rules. If closing time is one of those rules it must be followed strictly. Open up that widow of exceptions and the store owner will have a lot more issues than the loss of one customer. To reiterate I believe this thread is about one store following procedure dictated by the owner and one store owner going above and beyond the call of duty.

Amen Brother!!

I am confused, if he was not "bashing" the Herndon store for not reopening after they had been closed, then what was he doing?

Micromussa for you!!!!!!

Feathers (Nicest corals in the area...hands down!!!)Even though a bobble headed midget says they have red bug.... FOLKS NO RED BUG!!! Fear the Midget!!!

Second! LOL Red Bug. I don't know who this midget is, but obviously they don't know anything. I've bought many corals from Fins & Feathers and never had Red Bugs or Flat Worms. If someone got Red Bugs, they already had them or got them from someone else. I go there every week looking for corals because they have the nicest stuff around. Red Bugs...LOL. Maybe this midget is upset because F&F sells their corals as cheap or cheaper than private party. Who knows....who cares?

I don't know why this thread turned in to a pissing match. There are some great stores, good stores, average, and poor stores. Just go to the one you like the most. Don't expect someone to open up the stores after hours for you. If they don't, don't post anything negative...sour grapes. If they do, then post something positive. When did fish stores become 24 hour service? Geez...Fins & Feathers helped me a few times before & after hours. If they didn't, I wouldn't complain about it. Heck, I didn't even post that they did, but I probably should have.

Gee, if you guys want to nit pick about everything we can. I can pick on Marine Scene, BRK, Exotic Aquatics, F&F, Ricks, Roozens....name it and I'll give you something bad. My point is that they all have their ups & downs. My rule of thumb is if someone does something exceptionally bad or good, write about it!

Don't expect someone to open up the stores after hours for you. If they don't, don't post anything negative...sour grapes. If they do, then post something positive.

I disagree with this statement. It would be different if there was no one in the store when he was knocking. I'm sure many of the employees know him and I'm sure he has spent plenty of money there in the past. If he saw employees, and they saw him, and they didn't even have the courtesy to come over to see what was wrong, that it rediculous and poor customer service. If someone stands outside the store for an extended period of time hoping to get someone's attention, its obvious they aren't there to buy gravel or flakefood, its obviously an emergency and needs help. Jake is handling it much better than I would have. After spending hundreds of dollars in an expensive hobby, they owe it to me to at least come over and see what is wrong. I would have had some choice words with them the next day when they were open.

I don't care what store this happened at. The scenerio is what pissed me off, and it does qualify as an exceptionally bad experience and should have been told to the group.

This is a tough industry and I've seen plenty of fish stores come and go in my lifetime. Building track records like this doesn't bode well for stores because there are always other stores to go to.

Edited by jamesbuf

:why:

OK big brother here and trying to figure out why this Family Forum turned into a KIDS pi$$ing match?

NAME CALLING - Stop please!

Constructive critism is promoted here and healthy and is the rules to be followed.

This post has borderlined on being shut down numerous times but your commom sense has kept it from going over and the officers appreciate that being we don't like being the bad guys either.

Jacobs opening post was good and to the point WITHOUT bashing a specific vendor as it should be. I agree closing hours are that CLOSING hours and anything else is a bonus. Maybe they where late from a dinner date or a mess was just created that they had to attend too, either way I belive Jacob stated it tactically.

We all have are favorite, What seems to happen to often is someone feels that THEIR favorite is being targeted and then we the BIG BROTHERs have to step in.

No fun for anyone!

I prefer to let these type of post go and be buried but being on top I'll use it as a soapbox today for just this.

HAVE FUN!

LEARN!

EDUCATE!

ENLIGHTEN!

No pain no gain, but to get ahead let's use our own heads!

OK big brother here and trying to figure out why this Family Forum turned into a KIDS pi$$ing match?

NAME CALLING - Stop please!

Constructive critism is promoted here and healthy and is the rules to be followed.

This post has borderlined on being shut down numerous times but your commom sense has kept it from going over and the officers appreciate that being we don't like being the bad guys either.

Jacobs opening post was good and to the point WITHOUT bashing a specific vendor as it should be. I agree closing hours are that CLOSING hours and anything else is a bonus. Maybe they where late from a dinner date or a mess was just created that they had to attend too, either way I belive Jacob stated it tactically.

We all have are favorite, What seems to happen to often is someone feels that THEIR favorite is being targeted and then we the BIG BROTHERs have to step in.

No fun for anyone!

I prefer to let these type of post go and be buried but being on top I'll use it as a soapbox today for just this.

HAVE FUN!

LEARN!

EDUCATE!

ENLIGHTEN!

Yea, and to top it off the title is BRK experience......

john

EVERYONE

:biggrin:

Jacobs opening post was good and to the point WITHOUT bashing a specific vendor as it should be. ....., either way I belive Jacob stated it tactically.

...................... use it as a soapbox today for just this.

HAVE FUN!

LEARN!

EDUCATE!

ENLIGHTEN!

:cheers: