Hello Lights Group order

krish

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ghazanfar Ghori
They are? Can they add in a couple items in there for me?

Ghazanfar,

They will add, but said that they may not be able to offer the kind of discounts on

a smaller order.

Do you still want to go ahead and get it any way?

I asked them to hold off shipping the pending items till tomorrow.

If you still need em, let me know the item codes and quantity

and  i will send it to them.

-krish

Guest Ghazanfar Ghori

VHO ARO Ballast (AS-220) -New Item!

60-AS220

Bulb1: 24 Inch URI Super Actinic VHO #10-20-03-V (+$18.00)

Bulb2: 24 Inch URI Super Actinic VHO #10-20-03-V (+$18.00)

Powercord: Grounded #66-66001 (+$3.50)

SPECIAL: FREE VHO Endcap Mounts (TWO PAIRS, a $10 Value!) #60-00255, Limited Time Only!

VHO_Endcaps: TWO pairs VHO 1.5 inch, T-12 Moisture Resistant Endcaps #60-00400 (+$19.50)

That should do it!

Can they do any sort of discount? If not, then I can

place the order online myself instead of you having

to go through all that trouble again.

Ghazanfar,

Let me see if i can at the very least get you free shipping, by bundling it all in the same

package that they will use and send for the pending items.

-krish

add (2) 96W PC Actinic 03 bulbs if you can for me.  Square pin.  !!! better late than never?:p

Just noticed (thanks Craig) that one of my bulbs actually gave up the ghost.  Need to replace 'em.

Ok folks,

I have sent an email with the new requests from Ghazanfar and steve.

Lets see what they have to say.

-krish

Krish,

I'm now planning on trying to pickup my 4' VHO Actinic Bulb either tonight or tomorrow, any preference?

Was up to about 2am again last night, got stuck in the house again working.

Howard

PS, Thanks Phil

PSS, Great job again Krish!!!

[hro

No prob Howard,

Tonight, i may not be home.

Will be around saturday. Scott is coming at/about lunch time.

You are welcome to come at your convenience.

See you all.

-krish

will keep ya posted steve.

They responded with a Nay on the discount.

But i sent a message back asking about free shipping.

Never got an email back till 7pm EST friday. Will call them

and see where we are at.

-krish

Guest Ghazanfar Ghori

Krish, if they cannot do a discount or atleast

free shipping - nix my order. No point in the

'group order' and having you go through all the trouble

if there no $ incentive.

Krish- many many thanks.  I can't wait to wire this one up.  Does home depot sell the color coded wire off spools by the foot?  Definately need some, as the ballast leads are only about 12".  Hope the frags take strong hold and grow like weeds for you :)

Krish, if they cannot do a discount or atleast

free shipping - nix my order. No point in the

'group order' and having you go through all the trouble

if there no $ incentive.

ditto, krish.  If they make it hard on ya, don't do it.  Too much of a hassle then...

s

Steve/Ghazanfar,

I apologize. Hellolights bailed out on the discount as well as the free shipping.

They said that if they bundle the shipping with the pending items, the shipping costs will

go up. So i asked them to just ship the pending items.

I have Scott's 96W 50-50 PC lamp for sale. Will offer it to anyone for hellolights published

price. The buyer will save on shipping. There was a mixup and i had to place a seperate order

for the correct one. I am glad that i got them to bundle just that one lamp with the pending

items, since it is small and will be fair for scott as well. If no takers, i will post in the public

forum.

Michael,

Yes, homedepot has the color coded wiring by the foot.You are better off getting a spool

of the same color/12 or so twist caps/insulation tape. Use the twist caps to the point where

the wires start twisting and then wrap the tape over. Darn, i only wish they had left

longer pigtails :-)

Oh, please ground the body of the ballast to the green wire. I presume you are using that

3 plug power cord you purchased. Just tighten a piece of wire on the screw to fasten the

ballast and combine it to the green. These suckers put out a jolt if not grounded due to

their High frequency pulses that induces currents on the body of the ballast.  I learnt it the

hard way with the other electronic ballast that i had

:0

-krish

Thanks last night Krish for taking the time to allow me to p/u the bulb and see your equipment, awesome setup! Great job!

Howard

]]]thx

Thanks Howard,

I have become an equipment junky rather than paying attention to the livestock.

Thanks for coming over amidst your busy schedule.

-krish

I got the wire the other night on my way home from work and finally got around to wiring it up this afternoon.  I picked up 4 colors of wire from a local hardware store (was about 10 cents/foot).  This is probably the cleanest electric job I have done to date.  put tape along the wires to keep like ones together.  I had all the other goodies I needed from home electrical projects- so capped and taped the ends up well.  The wiring to the endcaps was far easier than I thought.  Just insert the bare ends into the holes and the grab.  Very nice design, imo.  

The 10K bulb fired up nicely.  One thing I kinda don't like about the XM bulbs- and most people would not be affected by it, is that they are about 3/8" longer than normal bulbs.  Getting them into and out of the small sized diamond lumenarc reflectors is a pain.  But the tank visually looks sooooo much better now.  

Though knowing some of the blue heads out there- they will probably think it is too yellow, the the saki heads out there will think it looks too blue to them......  You guys know who you are!  Anyhow, thanks again for the trouble you went through krish.  Will give an update on my opinions in about 6 months.  The 20K got a few corals to turn redl, though you couldn't tell from the overblue light.  Will see how those do in addition to some of the greens that are glowing.

michael, i replaced my 65k with 2 10k xm's and love the difference, they are i there with 2 20k xm's the 65k seemed too yellow for me and the 10k was just the right fit. nice and white or whiter than the 65k they also seem twice as bright as the 65k. now time to add an actinic or 2 :D

Michael,

Yea. My sakis have been shelved. The 10Ks are great. Nice white light.

The 250w lamps are shorter in lenght than the sakis.

Check out the other thread where Eddi is planning a group purchase for

XM lamps. I am getting 2 spare backup 250 Watters for $42 a pop.

-krish