Social at Scales

trble81

Hey everyone,

I'm sure everyone who attended the social event at Scales this evening is busy acclimating their new fish, adding new coral, wishing they had frags to bring, etc...

We just wanted to go ahead and put a thread up that said a big thank you to Andrew and the folks over at Scales. Any one who gets a bunch of pizza and wings and plenty of cold sodas and beer is OK in my book. And as Andrew said at the meeting, the stuff he had set up was new and I think we're going to see some good stuff in the near future. Plus, it's always good to have a LFS that my wife and I can drive to in a reasonable amount of time :biggrin: .

I also want to give a shout out to Ken from CMAS for bringing free Xenia for people.

I hope every one had a cool time. The one thing that my wife and I noticed is that it was a little hard meeting people if you're new to the club. I know it was tough having two different clubs there but I don't know if it would be good to have name tags (as lame as that sounds) or something that we could match forum IDs to faces to actual names. But this was our first "official" event that we were able to come to so I don't know if it's different during other meetings.

cheers :cheers: ,

Mike and Heather

Guest seantadez

Hey everyone,

I'm sure everyone who attended the social event at Scales this evening is busy acclimating their new fish, adding new coral, wishing they had frags to bring, etc...

We just wanted to go ahead and put a thread up that said a big thank you to Andrew and the folks over at Scales. Any one who gets a bunch of pizza and wings and plenty of cold sodas and beer is OK in my book. And as Andrew said at the meeting, the stuff he had set up was new and I think we're going to see some good stuff in the near future. Plus, it's always good to have a LFS that my wife and I can drive to in a reasonable amount of time :biggrin: .

I also want to give a shout out to Ken from CMAS for bringing free Xenia for people.

I hope every one had a cool time. The one thing that my wife and I noticed is that it was a little hard meeting people if you're new to the club. I know it was tough having two different clubs there but I don't know if it would be good to have name tags (as lame as that sounds) or something that we could match forum IDs to faces to actual names. But this was our first "official" event that we were able to come to so I don't know if it's different during other meetings.

cheers :cheers: ,

Mike and Heather

Agree, was a nice time there... just hard to find people without dame tags but anyway was a nice time... AAA+++ we can do something better next time but to me was so nice... :rollface: