Hirocks.com Order

xeon

Update on the order

The order supposedly will ship on Thursday.  Reasoning for this was that some small orders came in over the weekend.  I did not really understand this answer(excuse?).  I would think an order totaling 390lbs. might get better attention.  Anyway, I'm not in dire straits for it, but thought I would update the transaction's status.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Leishman
So we should have it by wed next week?  Do we get individual tracking #s?  No more questions.

Rik,

If it ships as stated, Wednesday or Thursday seem like reasonable days.  West to East coast ground takes about 5 days.  I would imagine there will be individual tracking numbers, they have requested.  If you have more questions... fire away.

UPS Ground Service   1Z9E53390399451143

All went,this is your trk number,Please don't ask me for all of them except

after 10 days for any that haven't arrived by then.Thanks

This is not my statement above, it is the answer I received from Hirocks requesting tracking numbers.  It does not look like I will be getting more tracking #'s, except for mine.  Boy do I wish I had a phone number for them.  

My tracking number says Sept. 29th, so that will probably be the case for all of us.  If you haven't received anything after the 29th let me know.

Guest clownfish4
So expected delivery will probably be tomorrow afternoon?  Xeon, I'll send you a check as soon as it arrives.

Guest Leishman
my rock is here.  I will throw it on the scale when I get home, my guestimate is that it only weighs 40-45 lbs, not 60 like is says on the lable.  Hope I'm wrong

Guest Leishman

looking in the box, I'm not that impressed. I have 5 rocks:

1: 10x7x3

2: 6x4x3

3: 4x4x4

4: 6x6x4

5: A Monster 17x12x10

This stuff definetley out of the ocean.  Lots of dead coral traces, and shell imprints.

Guest clownfish4
Are you just throwing it in your tank or are you curing it?  I ordered the small rocks so I'll let you know what my opinion of them is when they arrive.  My UPS man ususally drops in around 4.

Guest Leishman
just going to wash it good in the old water in my next water change then toss it in the sump

Please post all comments, especially if you get short changed on weight.  If you ordered 60, by George you should get 60.  For those with "best"... let me know if you got smaller chunks than you would have liked.  Too big for me is a hammer away from being exactly what I want. ;)

If you want to add it to your tank... I would rinse it first.  Otherwise there is nothing to cure.  I'm dumping some in my sump also for a tank or two I am opening for business.

Got my two boxes of 90 lbs. total.  I carried the boxes from the front porch to the basement door around back.. felt like 90 to me. ;)  Anyway, nice looking stuff, just needs a good rinse off.

OK, I guess. I got one really nice (I mean really "holey") peice about 10x8x8 and 8 other dense 6-8" diam sized. Feel like I paid the price for one good one and they threw in some others to make the weight. I might take the pressure washer to the others and see if I can find some holes. Without the discount, I don't know if I'd do again. With it I guess it is worth it. No small broken stuff though. About 64lbs worth as well. Would have like bigger, but am very appreciative.

Guest clownfish4
Yeah, this rock is not by any means porus.  I got on huge rock several medium sized rocks and a few small rocks.  All together I had 20-30 rocks.  I rinsed them off and added them straight to my tank.  The rock is nice, but I would prefer to buy something more porus.

Xeon,

I came home and found the box on my front step. I weighed the whole box and only got 44lbs.   wndr   I used two different scales to verify. Other than that, the rock looks pretty good.

btw - I ordered the 60lbs large best rocks.

I got 8 pieces:

1. 9L x 6w x 8h (my largest)

2. 5 x 7 x 4

3. 3.5 x 5.5 x 7

4. 4 x 6.5 x 7

5. 4 x 4 x 5

6. 4 x 5 x 1.5

7. 5 x 5 x 5

8. 5 x 3 x 5

The largest piece is pretty nice. Has many holes and pores. The others are small, pretty much solid rocks. It looks very similar to the ones pictured on ebay as plain rocks.

b8_1_b.JPG

I also noticed that they are out of "our best" rocks on their site. Maybe I got the last bit of rocks???

Finally got mine, turned up at 19:00 ish

Haven't weighed it yet as am at work until 6am, but my fiance reliably informs me it's F***ing heavy.

Reason it was a day late, they buggered up the address label during transit.

Thanks Dave for all the ground work on this  ]]]thx

I owe you a beer

Anton :)

Mutley,

Love the avatar, you sick bast@#$! Let us know. I'd almost be interested in calling these guys and asking about the "1 good, the rest solid" policy they seem to use.

Anton,

Et al., you are welcome.  I'm not really a beer drinker, but I will gladly take a Pepsi or glass of iced tea. LOL  If pretzels are on hand, I might even have a beer.  hehe

On to business, did anyone outside of tygger get shorted on weight?  I now have a phone number from the shipping paper work... gotta love UPS label protocol.  Give me you complaints, I will do my best to rectify what I can.  Being shorted is a no-brainer I would think.. I will not hold my breath though.  

I am satisfied with my rock.  In my 60lb. best box, I got some large, medium and small pieces.  Most are porous, a few are not.  Due to the experience, I think a future purchase for me at least will be with Reefer Rocks.  I have e-mailed the guy and he is top notch.  I will make a separate thread on my initial impressions sometime.  

My 60lb. best from Hirocks

hirocks.jpg

Guest Leishman

You got the good box!  I have one, may be two rocks that are porous, the others were solid, like the whitish one on the left of your picture.

I see you got 12 pieces to my 5, I wonder if that is because mine were solid, or just bigger.